Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:59:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it too early for a reassessment of Semi Detached?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 27, 2021, 07:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It's just that I watched all of it last night, and thought that it was quite funny in a frenetic,  farcical way. Lee Mack acquits himself comedy acting wise,  like a more hard-core Lee from " Not Going Out", and you cannae go wrong with a Geoffrey McGovern performance. That tall, old Scottish bloke's got some good comedy acting chops, too. In fact, good ensemble comedy cast all round, come to think of it. Mebbee replace Her Who Played Barbara Windsor In That Thing with Rebecca Front? One slight reservation is that they don't 'Alf pile on the cruelty to the Moustachioed Mack ( but I suppose that's the point of his character), and
Spoiler alert
there was no need to show that Stripogram Police Feller's cock full on in that episode
[close]
. Particularly like that episode wherein
Spoiler alert
Neil from " The Office " is in dead financial lumber, and has had the bailiffs come round, and you're left to piece everything together throughout  the episode.
[close]
I dare say there was a thread about it at the time. Did it get generally good reviews from the boys and girls of CaB?

ETA: Initially fucked up the spoilering.

Utter Shit

I liked it! It felt like episodes of Not Going Out that were just a bit too mental.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I watched a few episodes last year. At the risk of sounding a bit poncy, I vaguely remember thinking it was a bit too cruel. The level of guff Mack's character had to deal with tipped it over the line of amusing underdog comedy and just made me feel stressed on his behalf. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention and he totally deserved it, though.

Virgo76

The first episode worked well. Setting it in real time added a lot. Some of the other episodes were a bit more variable but a good cast. Geoff McGivern excellent as ever. The best thing in it just as he is in Back.
I generally enjoyed it more than that Pandemonium thing that was on over Xmas anyway.