Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whats's Worth Watching On Amazon Prime Then?

Started by Dr Rock, January 27, 2021, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Got a free trial, nothing is very appealing, there's good stuff but I've already see them.

Gulftastic

I quite enjoyed 'The Wilds'. It's like Lost with teenage lasses.

El Unicornio, mang

Handmaid's Tale, Parks & Rec if you haven't already seen them

Malcy

Watched a French film called Lullaby recently that was good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lullaby-Karin-Viard/dp/B086QCF4LH/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lullaby&qid=1611760625&sr=8-1

I have loads in my watchlist but never really in the mood to watch any of it. There's loads of little short films and things buried away. The main problem is with the service that it's a nightmare to look for stuff so I just go for things that I find or appear at random.

Another bonus is that there's quite a bit of All4 content but by watching through Prime you don't get the ads. All depends on what you have already seen though.

The Culture Bunker

I quite enjoy 'Corner Gas'. Couple of laughs an episode at the very least and likeable characters - good to watch when you're worn out by a day and need something easy to sit through.

I put on 'Jack Ryan' a bit ago just for something to watch and was surprised that my wife wanted to see more. Always nice to see Bunk from the Wire in other stuff, I suppose, though it's yer fairly brainless American action stuff in the main.

Panurge

Patriot. Brilliant black comedy about the US being a cunt to everyone, even and especially their own families. 2 seasons then cancelled, sadly.

phantom_power

Sneaky Pete
The Expanse
Upload
Unreal
Buffy & Angel
Homecoming

There is loads of good stuff on there

Rizla

NoSleep

The Boys (Obama's fave, dark take on superheroes)
The Expanse (really good sci-fi series)
Undone (brilliant animation series by the same guy who wrote Bojack Horseman and featuring Bob Odenkirk)

wooders1978

Echo the boys - probably the best series on prime

I enjoyed the first season of American Gods but lost interest during season 2; season one is definitely worth watching though despite this

non capisco

One Night In Miami... is a decent play adaptation that's just gone up on there. A four hander based on a conversation between Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Sam Cooke and Jim Brown in a hotel room just after after Ali beat Sonny Liston and just before his public conversion to Islam. I really enjoyed it.

phantom_power

Quote from: jobotic on January 27, 2021, 09:05:09 PM
Lodge 49

Yes this is wonderful. It is just a shame that season 2 isn't up yet.

Red Oaks is a good coming of age comedy thing
Future Man is a funny dumb comedy
Preacher is a good violent, irreverent comic book adaptation
Mad Men is Mad fucking Men
Documentary Now is a good series of spoof documentaries from Bill Hader and Fred Armison
The Tick
Workaholics

paruses

Quote from: Malcy on January 27, 2021, 03:17:26 PM

I have loads in my watchlist but never really in the mood to watch any of it. There's loads of little short films and things buried away. The main problem is with the service that it's a nightmare to look for stuff so I just go for things that I find or appear at random.

Same. Even though they pour money into their own glossy productions Prime Video always seems to be something they inherited or started on a whim but can't be arsed to look after. It's not even that easy to find off the front page.

Didn't realise Workaholics was back on as a freebie. It's probably got a million seasons now but I always enjoyed it in the early days and am surprised it's never mentioned on here.

Blue Jam

Undone. One of the most delightful little series I have ever seen. Eight 20-minute episodes, best to binge-watch the lot in one evening.

Twonty Gostelow

But those are all things that are on Amazon Prime now.

Noodle Lizard

The best thing about Amazon Prime is having a centralized hub for most of your other streaming services as additional subscriptions - means having most of the stuff available to you all in one app - and being able to easily rent/buy whatever isn't available for "free". The fact that it comes free with a general Prime subscription (which includes perks for shopping, groceries etc.) is a big bonus, even though Amazon are basically evil.

Their Amazon Original content is, by and large, terrible, but not significantly worse than Netflix's. If I had to lose one, it'd be the latter.

Dex Sawash

Patriot is one of my favorite recent shows. Definitely deserves a second mention. Has a
Spoiler alert
urinal cam
[close]
scene that shows
Spoiler alert
several cocks
[close]

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 27, 2021, 11:39:51 PM
Undone. One of the most delightful little series I have ever seen. Eight 20-minute episodes, best to binge-watch the lot in one evening.

Seconded, extraordinarily good tv.

NoSleep

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on January 28, 2021, 08:42:21 AM
Seconded, extraordinarily good tv.

Ahem, thirded, actually.

Quote from: NoSleep on January 27, 2021, 04:16:01 PM
The Boys (Obama's fave, dark take on superheroes)
The Expanse (really good sci-fi series)
Undone (brilliant animation series by the same guy who wrote Bojack Horseman and featuring Bob Odenkirk)

frajer

Undone fourthed over 'ere.

Cracking watch, genuinely felt interesting and an exploration of messy deeper emotional meanings in a way a lot of television just doesn't do these days. Also - Odenkirk, goddamnit!

I'd back-up phantom_power's Homecoming nod too. For some reason I assumed this was a political thriller and steered clear of it for ages, but then I saw it was created by yer Mr. Robot man and gave it a watch. Really, really liked it. Subtly, creepingly off-kilter with an appealingly unsettling mood. Nice and punchy short episodes too. Have only seen the first series but typing this has just reminded myself to check out the second.

EDIT: Not created! Sam Esmail exec-produced and directed the first series.

KennyMonster

Quote from: non capisco on January 27, 2021, 05:03:31 PM
One Night In Miami... is a decent play adaptation that's just gone up on there. A four hander based on a conversation between Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Sam Cooke and Jim Brown in a hotel room just after after Ali beat Sonny Liston and just before his public conversion to Islam. I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad it has translated well to TV, I enjoyed this when I saw it on stage.

phantom_power

Quote from: frajer on January 28, 2021, 09:26:58 AM
Undone fourthed over 'ere.

Cracking watch, genuinely felt interesting and an exploration of messy deeper emotional meanings in a way a lot of television just doesn't do these days. Also - Odenkirk, goddamnit!

I'd back-up phantom_power's Homecoming nod too. For some reason I assumed this was a political thriller and steered clear of it for ages, but then I saw it was created by yer Mr. Robot man and gave it a watch. Really, really liked it. Subtly, creepingly off-kilter with an appealingly unsettling mood. Nice and punchy short episodes too. Have only seen the first series but typing this has just reminded myself to check out the second.

EDIT: Not created! Sam Esmail exec-produced and directed the first series.

I meant Undone when I said Unreal earlier. Thus I win

Homecoming started as a podcast. That is worth checking out as well

Replies From View

frajer

Quote from: phantom_power on January 28, 2021, 11:21:25 AM
I meant Undone when I said Unreal earlier. Thus I win

Homecoming started as a podcast. That is worth checking out as well

Ta, I did notice that when I looked up who created it. Intriguing. Really enjoyed the TV incarnation so will definitely get it listened to.