Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Slapstick 2021 goes online (with added Stewart Lee & Bernie Clifton)

Started by Ignatius_S, January 27, 2021, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

Slapstick Festival is usually held in Bristol at the end of January - however, this year, it's been moved to 1-7 March and will be online.

The programme has been released this week - a PDF of the programme is here: https://www.slapstick.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Slapstick-2021-Programme.pdf

As per the thread title, both Bernie Clifton and Stewart Lee will be making their festival debuts. Clifton will be chatting about his career (with Robin Ince) and Lee will be discussing his top comedy moments (with Robin Ince).

Having the festival online does have advantages as there will be guests located in the States: Dr Harriet Fields and Suzanne Lloyd Hayes (granddaughters of W.C.Fields and Harold Lloyd, hopefully I got that the right way round); Ben Model and Steve Masa (who will be showcasing music hall veterans that went into silent films).

Each day, there will be four events - according to the FAQ, they will be be available to watch up to a week after their scheduled time.

Over the week, five event will be free - the other range in prices and passes are available:

QuoteSlapstick Pass (£39)  if you can afford to, please book this pass, our usual rate; this allows us to help run the festival, provide the content and make ends meet during these challenging times. Remember this price is for 20+ events making each event under £2!

Slapstick Champion (£50) This rate, if you have the means, will help support Slapstick and our ongoing programme along with subsidising concession tickets, for those who otherwise could not afford to attend.

Young Person Pass ages 16-29 (£20) Continuing our efforts to encourage younger audiences to discover the screen comedy greats of the past

Covid Impact Pass (£20)  We know these times are exceptional, so this special low price is for those on low or no pay due to the pandemic!
https://slapstick2021.eventive.org/passes/buy

DrGreggles

Weird to think it was almost exactly a year ago that I was at Slapstick.
Might have been the last time I was in a theatre.

Pink Gregory

Never make enough effort to go considering it's down the road.  I've only been to Alexei Sayle's top comedy moments, which was delightful.