Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:01:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

It's time for MOUSE TRAP ! ( the board game from Ideal)

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, January 27, 2021, 11:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Ok, I 've put the board  down. In the next post, someone will put the first piece on the board , as we start to set the whole game up. Then in the subsequent post, someone should add the second piece. Then with the next post comes the third piece. And so on, until the whole game is set up. That is how things should work in this thread.

The board is down, awaiting pieces.

Twonty Gostelow

This thread reminds me of my 9th birthday when I invited all my friends to my house to play Mousetrap and no one showed up. I ended up playing "KerPlunk" on my own - I had no idea my willy could make that noise.

Replies From View

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on January 28, 2021, 01:47:53 AM
I had no idea my willy could make that noise.

The 'lonely dog tethered outside an off-licence' noise?

Replies From View

Sorry, I forgot to put a piece down so will do so now. 

*Length of crank that has elastic band and boot and bucket already fortuitously attached to save time.

Replies From View

may I ask, is this the massive one with hi-fis and TVs and bikes and stuff underneath the trap?

Replies From View

you are playing for a chequebook and pen!!

stuff like this

JaDanketies

We always set the trap up and then threw a dice to move forwards, which I don't believe is the way the game is supposed to be set up. But the whole fun is making the mouse trap.

I'll put down the diving board.

Replies From View

You know that giant version of the game, yeah?  The one on Motormouth that had the prizes under the trap.

Well in that one do you reckon the trap actually worked properly or were all the trap action segments pre-filmed?

The diver was spectacularly graceful and precise in it, every single time.  Suspiciously so.

Replies From View

Also, in our version of the game - the one we are playing now - are we keeping the rule where if the trap is too crap to work properly it becomes the fault of the players so you can't complain about the quality of Mouse Trap itself?

JaDanketies

Quote from: Replies From View on January 28, 2021, 10:15:34 AM
Also, in our version of the game - the one we are playing now - are we keeping the rule where if the trap is too crap to work properly it becomes the fault of the players so you can't complain about the quality of Mouse Trap itself?

It always worked seamlessly except for the very last bit, where the vibration of the diver is supposed to knock the trap down the wiggly pole. The bad design was right at the most vital point.

Replies From View

Ok but are we following the instruction that says it is our fault if it goes wrong there, or will we say it is the game's fault?

Anyway it could go wrong in other ways, like right at the start sometimes the boot would miss the bucket, just twang around back on itself like Louis CK's knob.  Or the ball coming down the drainpipe wouldn't properly nudge the hand that triggered the basketball.  Like Jimmy Savile doing an ankle probe.

ALL OUR FAULT

petril

touchingcloth

I am Agatha and my lawyers claim my five million pounds.

poo

Serious question - is Mouse Trap a good game? Thinking of buying it.

Replies From View

Quote from: petrilTanaka on January 30, 2021, 12:56:45 AM
can I be Steve Johnson please?

Nobody has even confirmed if that's the version of Mouse Trap this is.  This place has terrible management underfoot.

petril

all I know is there's a link back to Andy Crane needed at the end and I'm the one to do it