Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Medium

Started by bgmnts, January 28, 2021, 06:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Already been mentioned in another thread but in case anyone is interested.

Akira Yamaoka, nuff said.

However, I'm literally 5 minutes into it and am already quite annoyed as fixed camera angles + no tank controls = bad time.

Weirdly, this eurogamer review states the game has tank controls, which made me interested. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-01-27-the-medium-review

At least it looks gorgeous.

Bazooka

Not on PS unfortunately, big Yamaoka fan of course. But another no combat stealth horror, but they are  cheaper to produce.

bgmnts

If you want a horror game with combat I'd suggest Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice; that disturbed me whilst playing it.

Just got a big fuck off jumpscare and that annoyed me. Jumpscares are shit and I wouldn't expect them in a Silent Hill inspired game.

Update: 4gb update a day after release. Probably wouldn't get a half arsed Silent Hill back in the day either.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: bgmnts on January 29, 2021, 02:47:47 PM
If you want a horror game with combat I'd suggest Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
I endorse this message. It's pretty much an honorary Silent Hill game, as far as I'm concerned.

I was all for this until I found out it's by the people behind Layers of Fear. Then I was all, «No. Just, fuck no!»

Been getting very little value from my Game Pass subscription lately, I must say.

Thursday

Derivative cunt developers.

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on January 29, 2021, 06:38:31 PM
Derivative cunt developers.

Layers of Fear? I suppose it was just another walking simulator horror game in an industry of walking simulator horror games. No idea what else they've made.

Thursday

I mean if you can be bothered, this is the video that expresses it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_uD7gxIF2s

I mean to be honest, I do think the video overstates it a bit, some of these are just common tropes, but that's really all they are and why I was always a bit baffled at how much praise Layers of Fear got.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 29, 2021, 06:53:05 PM
Layers of Fear? I suppose it was just another walking simulator horror game in an industry of walking simulator horror games. No idea what else they've made.

You might well be right in thinking that, but personally I thought LoF was so bad, though admittedly after a pretty promising start, that I vowed, yes, vowed, with cross my heart and two fingers up my arse, to never play anything of theirs ever again.

Bazooka

It seemed for a period half the gaming channels I follow on noob tooob were doing play throughs of LoF.

Chedney Honks

Demon's Souls
Miles Morales
Astro Bot

Vs

The Medium

Poor cunts.

Timothy

The PS5 launch lineup is undoubtely stronger. But Xbox has Game Pass.... and there is a lot coming up in the future.

You cant go wrong with either one of the nextgen consoles imo. Playing as much on my Xbox as my PS5!

Almost finished Hitmans story so gonna play Medium this weekend. Hope there arent too many jumpscares.

bgmnts

Yeah as soon as I got to a sneak section I was like nope, uninstall. Sorry, shit game, gave you a fair crack.