Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Novavax shows 89.3% efficacy in large scale UK trials

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 28, 2021, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Novavax Inc said its coronavirus vaccine was 89.3% effective in preventing Covid-19 in a trial conducted in the UK, and was nearly as effective in protecting against the more highly contagious variant first discovered in the UK, according to a preliminary analysis.

Novavax said the findings from the trial, which enrolled 15,000 people aged 18 to 84, are expected to be used to apply for regulatory review in Britain, the European Union and other countries. Some 27% of people in the trial were over 65, Reuters reports.

The study took place as the more easily transmissible UK variant was circulating, and the preliminary analysis suggests the vaccine was 85.6% effective against this particular mutation, the US company announced in a news release. It did not provide the study data.

In August, the UK added a further 60m doses of Novavax's vaccine to its stockpile.

Cuellar

JamesTC

Beagle 2

Absolutely cling to these tiny slivers of silver foil floating amongst the effluent.

Seems to go EFFLUENT EFFLUENT EFFLUENT EFFLUENT FOIL EFFLUENT EFFLUENT FOIL EFFLUENT EFFFFFFLUEEEEENTAH AV THAT AAAH

flotemysost

Fab stuff. I signed up for the Novavax trial but never got called up.

As a Yank vaccine this one should be immune (hur hur) to any Brexit carry-on, hopefully? I don't understand the politics of it one bit, tbh.

poo

Sebastian Cobb

I'm going to wait for its faster-acting variant, the SR Novavax.

George Oscar Bluth II