Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Piss poor government notices.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, January 29, 2021, 10:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

First there was the WOMEN: STAY AT HOME one, which I think now has been pulled:

Then there's the one implying that the choice of whether one works from home lies with the individual rather than the employer:

BlodwynPig

olliebean

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 29, 2021, 10:38:50 AM
First there was the WOMEN: STAY AT HOME one, which I think now has been pulled

"First"?

frajer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 29, 2021, 10:38:50 AM
Then there's the one implying that the choice of whether one works from home lies with the individual rather than the employer.

That one's a real piss-boiler as our Tory overlords have been doing all but producing and cracking an actual whip since March.

thenoise

To be fair they've got the size of new build affordable housing bang on.

flotemysost

Ha, how very woke of them to have some representation of women of colour in their natural habitat, staying at home looking after kids and doing the housework.

Either that or Fatima's foray into cyber didn't work out and she's a cleaner now.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: frajer on January 29, 2021, 04:52:04 PM
That one's a real piss-boiler as our Tory overlords have been doing all but producing and cracking an actual whip since March.

They know exactly what they are doing. Shift the blame from the employers and all those who tried to get people back into the offices in the summer and bring in more divide and rule between workers who can't work from home and workers who could work from home but aren't allowed to. It's revolting.

Remember when Kirstie was trying to scare us all back into the office? Surprised she hasn't deleted these tweets:

https://twitter.com/KirstieMAllsopp/status/1290987043829489666

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIf your job can be done from home it can be done from abroad where wages are lower. If I had an office job I'd want to be first in the queue to get back to work and prove my worth to my employer. I am terrified by what could be on the horizon for so many.

This is so easily demonstrable as crap* it's amazing that anyone has the balls to post something that doesn't even convince at a glance, dead on arrival. It's actually funny, in the sense that it's stupid and risible but delivered in an earnest tone.

*I'd like to see my employer try to outsource my job to somewhere where English was someone's second language.