Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wayward Pines

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 01, 2021, 05:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Can't find a thread about this. I read the first book in the trilogy that the TV show is based on by Blake Crouch and thought it was really well written. Have started watching the first series of the TV show on Amazon Prime, about halfway in.

It's about a Secret Service agent who is in an accident and wakes up in a small, mysterious town where people don't want to answer questions. Turns out that he and others
Spoiler alert
were "selected" by a dodgy scientist to rebuild civilisation after the "devolution" of the human species which he somehow realised would happen
[close]

Spoiler alert
It's really interesting how the adults aren't told about what is really going on, only the children as it appears the adults couldn't cope with it - but knowing that civilisation has collapsed far in the future and they have no choice  but to settle down and not talk about the past or try to escape as they will be killed by mutants seems less terrifying than being trapped in a small town, not being allowed to leave and not being told why.
[close]

Toby Jones, Melissa Leo, Matt Dillion and Carla Gugino are some of the stars of this show. It throws up a lot of questions about ethics and morals as well as telling a fascinating story (there are some differences from the first book, I haven't read the other two yet).

olliebean

I thought the first season was mostly good, although substantially less interesting once the central mystery was revealed. Gave up on the second season because there didn't seem to be any good reason for the show to still exist.