Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Case Is Building That COVID-19 Had a Lab Origin

Started by Pinball, February 01, 2021, 06:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

WHO team does not rule out having a whisky or a gin.

Pinball

Quote from: Zetetic on February 02, 2021, 11:00:43 AM
Given that you're unable to make it more than two sentences into your opening post without making a trivially disprovable claim, you might want to consider your own abilities to make sound judgements in this area.
This is a nasty, unhelpful comment, and why I'm disinclined to post on CaB anymore.

Zetetic

Zetetic

(That is a bit of a nasty unhelpful comment.)

Speaking of my own experiences, understanding that in most contexts I might not actually be that good at knowing when I'm being well-argued into a stupid conclusion was immensely useful and immensely relieving. This has stayed with me a lot. I note that I pre-empted any criticism of your abilities, with a clear acknowledgement of my own limitations.

Pinball

CaB has become a really unfriendly and indeed unpleasant place in some quarters, with a few mean-spirited individuals socially poisoning the forum, killing debate, and ruining the experience for the vast majority of users. Troll city, basically.

This is why I barely bother here anymore, sadly, despite being a top 3 poster back in the day, and I'm not the only one, believe me. It should be possible to have different views in a friendly environment, without being insulted, but this is not the case.

Good luck to you, and be happy.

I know someone will say 'fuck off' and prove my point.

bgmnts

Top 3 poster in terms of quality or frequency of posts?

Old Thrashbarg

MrPlugg

Can we at least agree that Bill Maher is a creepy, lechy Ryan Stiles lookalike with a penchant for low hanging boomer fruit and a mad stiffie for the Israeli Defense Forces??

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Pinball on February 03, 2021, 11:22:49 PM
despite being a top 3 poster back in the day

:-D :-D :-D Oh, I remember that, prepper. Your more outré views seemed quaint and amusing when we didn't have a far right government but they just come across as dangerous now, particularly in the context of a pandemic.

lazyhour

One of the strengths of this forum is everyone's focus on critical thinking. Judging by this thread, it just might not be the kind of critical thinking that Pinball is after.

thugler

Quote from: Pinball on February 03, 2021, 11:22:49 PM
CaB has become a really unfriendly and indeed unpleasant place in some quarters, with a few mean-spirited individuals socially poisoning the forum, killing debate, and ruining the experience for the vast majority of users. Troll city, basically.

This is why I barely bother here anymore, sadly, despite being a top 3 poster back in the day, and I'm not the only one, believe me. It should be possible to have different views in a friendly environment, without being insulted, but this is not the case.

Good luck to you, and be happy.

I know someone will say 'fuck off' and prove my point.

You posted something dumb and people took the time to carefully explain why it was nonsense. Then you had a tantrum about it. You'd obviously made no attempt to verify whether it had any veracity before posting it.

I'm sure you can find other forums where you can post nonsense without it facing any scrutiny.

Don't give a shit what rank of poster you were or are, or even what that means.

Chollis

Dex Sawash

I have a 3 poster bed. Probably why my back is.fucked.

jobotic

I'm your best customer

I'm the lifeblood of this pub

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Dog Botherer

you can't tell me to fuck off, i was once a top 3 poster on CAB!

Pinball

Quote from: bgmnts on February 03, 2021, 11:46:06 PM
Top 3 poster in terms of quality or frequency of posts?
Definitely not quality :-)  I used to post way too much several decades ago.

But what I seldom did was hate on people, which is what is sad about modern social media and fora. Hate amplifiers that encourage anti-social behaviour.

But who cares really? It's not like any of this means diddly squat :-)

Pinball

Quote from: lazyhour on February 04, 2021, 09:52:19 AM
One of the strengths of this forum is everyone's focus on critical thinking. Judging by this thread, it just might not be the kind of critical thinking that Pinball is after.
CaB's strength is surely its furin cleavage site?

lazyhour

shiftwork2

SARS-CoV-2 originated in Dean Gaffney's ringpiece.

Captain Z

I hardly think we can trust the findings of the biased World Health Organisation, of course they are going to try and sell us their "scientific conclusions".

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Captain Z on February 10, 2021, 11:18:33 PM
I hardly think we can trust the findings of the biased World Health Organisation, of course they are going to try and sell us their "scientific conclusions".

agreed, needs more crackpot profs on board

lazyhour

This news puts Pinball down to the number 4 spot. Still miles above the rest of us losers.

Pinball

I hope this is true, of course. It is important we are guided by data and not personal attacks. Hopefully the WHO team got access in return for the soundbite, and we will have good quality investigative data in due course.

Pinball

Quote from: lazyhour on February 11, 2021, 01:09:21 AM
This news puts Pinball down to the number 4 spot. Still miles above the rest of us losers.
No, it's only you. We're all above you ;-)