Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

6 Nations, yet again

Started by Dr Trouser, February 02, 2021, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on February 13, 2021, 06:45:01 PM
No one does exquisitely miserable failure quite like this country of mine.

Nah, Scotland win the moral victory by miles, they played very well.

BlodwynPig

Some of the worst haircuts I've seen outside of hobbit fanfic.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Dr Trouser on February 13, 2021, 06:49:42 PM
Nah, Scotland win the moral victory by miles, they played very well.

Fair enough, I don't really know the game very well tbh. 1 point though! grr

Dog Botherer

wales bring everyone down to their level and that level is playing like they want to die

poo

Dr Trouser

Quote from: poo on February 13, 2021, 06:53:10 PM
Slam nailed-on
Another great advert for cheap valley roids, tidy

daf

"Robert The Bruce, William Wallace, Sir Walter Scott, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Krankies, Duglas from BMX Bandits, vi har slått dem alle sammen, vi har slått dem alle sammen! Oor Wullie, can you hear me? Oor Wullie ..."

buttgammon

It would be so, so funny if we won this. It won't happen, but it would be hilarious.

buttgammon

BlodwynPig

Allez! France beating England and they are not even playing.

Mind you, I didn't think it was a knock on.

Cuellar

That whole half was mental lol

Dr Trouser

This is fucking hilarious. Lovely to see Martin Johnson a raging.

Cuellar

Dr Trouser

Cuellar

Dr Trouser

Love beating the English but even this was taking the piss.

Grand Slam it is then, absolute comedy gold

poo

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Dog Botherer on February 06, 2021, 07:05:45 PM
fingers crossed for a few years of England being hilariously and inexplicably shit. we all need the laughs.

Cuellar

But as funny as it was, both tries were perfectly fine and legal. Don't really see the problem.

Dog Botherer

that second one is 100% legal according to the laws. now is that law full of grey areas that leave it down to individual interpretation? yes. but still.

first one is the first unwritten rule. play the whistle. tough shit.

England should have had a load of cards in fairness.

Cuellar

Well yeah with the first one, English players had started moving away from the huddle before the ref blew to restart. Just keep your eyes open guys sorry about that.

dex

Controvosies aside, the game ended up nil nil in the 2nd half. Then Wales won it by 16. Wales really aren't as good as they think they are but fair enough they won it today.

Dog Botherer

wales are an incredibly average team which is why it's incredibly funny that they keep winning

Cuellar

Nigel Owens adamant that the two controversial tries shouldn't have been given.

Ah well!

EOLAN

Quote from: Cuellar on February 28, 2021, 01:20:16 PM
Nigel Owens adamant that the two controversial tries shouldn't have been given.

Ah well!

Absolutely clarifies for me that the two correct decisions were made then.

Cuellar

Yeah I'm not sure I agree with Owens really, for what it's worth (nothing).

First one was England not paying attention in my view. And even then, the huddle had broken up before the ref blew to restart and some of the England players had made it into the defensive line. Biggar hadn't said he was going for goal, so you might assume he was punting it into touch. But as Guscott said after the Hardy try, another quick tap and go, Daly had his back to the action and was wandering off, assuming they'd go for the points. In that instance Daly was blamed.

Second one, the actual written law around knock-ons is so threadbare as to allow any number of interpretations or extrapolations so it's a toss up.

Dog Botherer

you'd think someone like Nige who didn't read the rule book and mostly decided which laws he was going to enforce depending on what he had for breakfast would have a bit more sympathy for his country men.

probably doesn't want to fuck up his endless stream of bbc money.

Cuellar

People weren't that keen on his input when he said May's try against Italy shouldn't have been allowed so yeah, who knows. Who cares.

40-24.