Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Unreleased XBLA Goldeneye remaster leaked and playable on PC

Started by Cold Meat Platter, February 03, 2021, 08:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

You may have seen footage of this that was doing the rounds recently, well, the files are available now and it seems to be playable (not tried myself yet). Big nostalgia for this one so will be giving it a go later.
Not linking to it here but if you search on Reddit you're bound to find it. It's also up on the Internet Archive. You have to use the Xenia Xbox360 emulator to play it.

story here:
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-cancelled-xbox-360-remake-of-goldeneye-is-now-playable-on-pc/

GoblinAhFuckScary

fuck it looks bloody good and all. looks like loads of work just binned

and the emulator is called xenia?? nice. have enough trouble running dolphin on my 2013 macbook so might have to not do this :((

bgmnts

Saw the footage but didn't know the game was playable. Ace!

Cold Meat Platter

Works but I'm getting a bit of audio lag that now I've noticed is annoying. Looks great though. Controls spot on.

GoblinAhFuckScary

decided to fire up classic goldeneye using a ps3 pad and my GOD is it half unplayable with this configuration. it's all to do with the n64's weird central stick

oustropique

Apparently the build that's out is less far along, by a few months, than the gameplay that was leaked. Maybe it's not the last we've heard of this, and also might explain some of the audio bugs people talk about, and System Link online (via something like Xlink Kai) also not working.

(Haven't tried it yet, but will test it on the emulator and my 360 later)

Malcy

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 04, 2021, 01:47:52 AM
decided to fire up classic goldeneye using a ps3 pad and my GOD is it half unplayable with this configuration. it's all to do with the n64's weird central stick

Tried playing it with a 360 controller last week and it was a nightmare. My brother offered me a USB N64 controller earlier but I'm playing around with a PS1 emulator now. Will have to try it with the proper controller but keyboard is fine for it.

Neomod

I went back to it for the first time in 20 years last year and found it really difficult to play even on my original N64. Seemed really janky compared to modern controllers but i'm sure I would have got used to it with prolonged play.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Malcy on February 25, 2021, 04:50:20 PM
Will have to try it with the proper controller but keyboard is fine for it.

God gave WASD to you
Gave WASD to you
Put it in the soul of everyone