Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

[Question] What is the funky music playing on the title of Alan Partridge season 2 dvd

Started by Resident Weasel, June 27, 2005, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resident Weasel

I feel like a whore for just registering to ask this question...
But as I've only just found this forum, I'm sure ill be back... I pretty much live for channel 4 comedy.

But yeah i'm desperatly seeking the title music to the season 2 dvd of alan partridge... you know, when he's playing the air bass guitar in his static home.I think it's pretty funky. Also played in the last episode of that series which the title scene is from.

Can anyone help?

Cerys

Quote from: "Resident Weasel"I feel like a whore for just registering to ask this question...

Oh, the irony!  Great username, by the way.

supertarn

Bringing up Alan Partridge series 2 here is very very brave , even if it is a great series ......... there i said it .

Resident Weasel

Quote from: "supertarn"Bringing up Alan Partridge series 2 here is very very brave , even if it is a great series ......... there i said it .

How come? It seems almost every other comedy series gets discussed. Yeah it's great though :D

ninestonecreature

QuoteWas that one of Mick Karn's?

I do believe it's Pino Palladino on that one.

Annie_Hall

Quote from: "ninestonecreature"
QuoteWas that one of Mick Karn's?

I do believe it's Pino Palladino on that one.

Now THAT is a name. I'm changing mine, from here on in, I will be known as Pino.

supertarn

QuoteHow come? It seems almost every other comedy series gets discussed. Yeah it's great though :D

From what ive seen on my travels of Cookd and Bombd , whenever someone brings up Alan Partridge 2 in a forum it is instantly greeted with a large amount of posts expaining how crap it is ,how off charicter Partridge is and why it should be forgotten .

But then everyone is entitled to thier own opinon and its interesting how it splits Partridge fans , i myself find the series very good if not as good as series one / KMKY .

Bernard

If by 'Alan Partridge season [sic] 2' you mean I'm Alan Partridge (Series 1) - it's the best thing Coogan's done! Countless funny moments, genuine character insight. Even the DVD has lots of watchable extras.

I'd like to know why it should be forgotten. How absurd. But I suppose that's been done here then. To say it's off character is ridiculous; how would you know? It's the first time you see the character Alan Partridge outside a TV studio.

Look, I love it. Go to hell. I bet you smell. NOT because it rhymes, but because you cussed my favourite comedy series (well, top 3).

The Mumbler

Quote from: "Bernard"It's the first time you see the character Alan Partridge outside a TV studio.

Well, not really.  Firstly, in one sense, lots of Partridge on KMKY, On The Hour, The Day Today and so on is him *forgetting* he's broadcasting.  When he has his rant about "the Misters and Msses of BBC2", for example, is that the professional face of Partridge?  Hardly.

Secondly, even if we don't take all of that into account, there's the Knowing Knowing Me Knowing You spoof documentary (R4, 1993).

Anyway Vernard, he's obviously referring to I'm Alan Partridge Series 2, which was way over-the-top, like it had been written for Comic Relief or something, and there were almost no midnight snacks to eat for yourself on repeated viewings, it was all stuffed down your face first time around.