Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When did you realise it was gonna be bad?

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, February 04, 2021, 05:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 13, 2021, 06:43:15 PM
An occasional flight of fancy is for me to imagine explaining to my Feb 2020 self what's about to happen.  Where would you start?  I suppose with 'there's a flu-like pandemic for which there is zip immunity and there has been no preparation and everyone has to stay 2m from everyone else for a year with everything that that implies'.

I mean it just invites a big fat WHAT

Yeah that's how I feel now, and why I'm so pleased I had no idea how much of a big deal this was. If I knew this was "shit one mate, whole year of your life spent indoors, disaster!" then I'd have been a wreck April/may last year.

George Oscar Bluth II

Yeah I have to say if I'd known then it would still be going a year later I'd have gone bananas. We've all lost a year of our lives to this shit.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'd have used up all my annual leave between July and September.

IsavedLatin

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 14, 2021, 06:01:07 PM
I'd have used up all my annual leave between July and September.

Absolutely this. I've now got 10 days of leave to use between now and the end of March and I'm kicking myself for not using it when at the very least the days were longer.

George Oscar Bluth II

Pranet

When this started they were saying that 4-5 years would be quick for a vaccine and we may not get one anyway, so in some ways this is going better than I expected.

But he is a cunning bugger, Johnny Covid, with his sly mutations, so I wouldn't be surprised if we are back to square one by the autumn.

idunnosomename

absolutely anyone on this forum would've made a better prime minister through all this mess than boris fucking johnson

Sherringford Hovis

Not me. I would've eschewed any locking down and forbidden masks for everyone but me and Cameron just as an elaborate setup for an "Everybody's dead, Dave." quip. Would've worn a black polo neck and shaved my pate horseshoey to look properly Norman too.