Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Osman and his boring house of games

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 05, 2021, 02:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Get him gone. Horrible man with his vile Easter Island head and wet mouth. That House of Games programme is just eurgh. It's so boring, so square. The rounds are like something an officious teacher would hand out on the last day of term, supposedly as a treat. The way that they try and spice it up with the novelty Richard Osman prizes and round names like 'number smash', and the shitty post-credits bit where they broadcast some barrel scraped excerpt. If ever a man needed putting back in his box, it is Richard Osman.

Cuellar

bgmnts

I actually quite like the quiz sorry. The 'banter', guests and host itself though are the apex of middle class, milquetoast tedium that need shooting.

Utter Shit

House Of Games is decent early evening nonsense and Richard Osman is generally a good egg.

Norton Canes

It's the sheer relentlessness of it. According to Wiki there have already been 50 weeks.

Fr.Bigley

His incessant wry smile smugness when he delivers some dad joke pun just makes me want to smash up the TV. his constant in jokes with Armstrong do my head in as well. Fucking public school twat.

Norton Canes

That and his infuriatingly drawled "Well dooooooone..."

Ja'moke

I like House of Games, just easy tea-time viewing. I enjoyed Tim Key on it the other week winding up Jeff Stelling.

The "Hey Alexander" round can do one though.

Chollis

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 05, 2021, 02:47:40 PM
House Of Games is decent early evening nonsense and Richard Osman is generally a good egg.

He's a cunt.

AsparagusTrevor

House of Games is a perfectly decent bit of entertaining fluff, and Richard Osman is a great bunch of lads. Plus the show is hardly difficult to avoid if it's not your thing.

Hand Solo

I've only ever caught a minute or so of this at a time when looking to change channel and it's piss easy isn't it? All the pun answers are blindingly obvious, it's Catchphrase for people who are confused by symbolism.

Bazooka

I don't read Twitter, and I know some people call everyone and their mum a cunt on here, but what has Osman done to boil blood?

C_Larence

I like the round where they ask kids to write the questions but other than that I hope everyone involved dies.

Spoiler alert
I've also ruined it for  my family by pointing out that black people almost always do incredibly badly on the show, which isn't something I'm proud of for noticing, but it's a definite theme.
[close]

lazyhour

House of Games is harmless fun and is great when the right mix of guests are on.

bgmnts

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 05, 2021, 03:36:33 PM
Well he isn't, is he.

Not if you're a centrist, no. But for most people who have even a fraction of left wing sentiment, he's the epitome of that abysmal ideology, or lack thereof.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bazooka on February 05, 2021, 03:28:15 PM
I don't read Twitter, and I know some people call everyone and their mum a cunt on here, but what has Osman done to boil blood?

He's an emblem of middle class try easier. Beloved by people who use the phrase "great bunch of lads" and "good egg"

BlodwynPig

AsparagusTrevor

Imagine being offended by Richard Osman. It's like being offended by a punnet of cress.

Bazooka

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on February 05, 2021, 03:57:41 PM
Imagine being offended by Richard Osman. It's like being offended by a punnet of cress.

It's seemingly very easy on this forum.

BlodwynPig

No offence taken. The opposite of offence - a gaping void of existential despair wrapped up in a memory of a wacky Christmas jumper that made his aunt laugh.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bazooka on February 05, 2021, 04:00:00 PM
It's seemingly very easy on this forum.

It is also very easy on this forum for some to ignore the DECLINE IN STANDARDS!

Utter Shit

Quote from: bgmnts on February 05, 2021, 03:44:04 PM
Not if you're a centrist, no. But for most people who have even a fraction of left wing sentiment, he's the epitome of that abysmal ideology, or lack thereof.

I wouldn't say he's a centrist. As with most people labelled centrists, he is on the left but accepts that in this shitty world full of arseholes, you need to be practical and accept a few ugly compromises in order to have any hope whatsoever of making the world a better place.

There's a difference between not wanting a sudden shift to the left, and wanting a sudden shift to the left but accepting that you're not going to get it and would be better off accepting something closer to the middle rather than pushing for something you'll never get and ending up with nothing.

It's a shame it was said by CaB hate figure (rightly) Tony Blair, because the quote about power and principles is a valid and relevant one.

Why is this place obsessed with centrism? Centrists are people too.

Anyway, House of Games is 50% dull as fuck, 50% inoffensive background nonsense.

BlodwynPig

A centrist is what Baby Hitler aspired to be.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Utter ShitI wouldn't say he's a centrist. As with most people labelled centrists, he is on the left but accepts that in this shitty world full of arseholes, you need to be practical and accept a few ugly compromises in order to have any hope whatsoever of making the world a better place.

If that were true, where was the compromise when Labour had a leader they didn't favour?

They didn't compromise at all, they were complete ideological fantasists about the EU who didn't accept any compromsie option like customs union, strong ties in a deal, etc, only their unachievable unicorn wishlist, and relentlessly attacked Labour on the only occasion it had to form a government for a decade.

It is precisely due to their inability to compromise and work with Corbyn, that we are here.

Yes 'on the left', sure.

Cuellar

He doesn't offend me, I just despise him.

pigamus

I think I quite liked him at first, but he becomes very irritating very quickly. And it feels like he's everywhere. Everywhere. He's probably in my house somewhere. "Hiya!" No. Fuck off.

Ja'moke

The most offensive thing about it is that Mark Watson didn't pick the House of Games bathrobe when he won the other night, so now there won't be a No More Jockeys where Alex Horne, Tim Key, (who both picked the bathrobe when they were on the show), and Watson are all in matching robes. Letdown.