Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Osman and his boring house of games

Started by holyzombiejesus, February 05, 2021, 02:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on February 11, 2021, 11:12:02 AM
Osman comes across badly in interviews i've heard of him - a kind of aggressive, competitive one-upmanship in terms of making jokes etc. I've known people like that IRL and they're exhausting to be around.

Yeah, this struck me when he was on Herring's Leicester Square Theatre podcast. I knew a guy like that at school. Very clever guy but quite insecure and quite self-conscious I think, and it manifested in this sort of behaviour. He was also very tall, which makes you think.

phantom_power

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on February 11, 2021, 11:12:02 AM
Osman comes across badly in interviews i've heard of him - a kind of aggressive, competitive one-upmanship in terms of making jokes etc. I've known people like that IRL and they're exhausting to be around.

Yes, I have always thought he seemed a bit of a bully. I bet he is the sort of person to snigger when someone pronounces a word incorrectly and generally acts like a pedantic cunt when anyone gets anything wrong

notjosh

Quote from: seepage on February 11, 2021, 09:52:54 AM
I think it's filmed in one sitting and they have to pretend it's on separate days.

Fairly sure that would constitute fraud and could get the show taken off air. Next you'll be telling me it's not Richard Osman's real house.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Cuellar on February 11, 2021, 11:23:37 AM
Yeah, this struck me when he was on Herring's Leicester Square Theatre podcast. I knew a guy like that at school. Very clever guy but quite insecure and quite self-conscious I think, and it manifested in this sort of behaviour. He was also very tall, which makes you think.

Someone on RHLSTP doing aggressive oneupmanship? Oh, the humanity!

Cuellar

What are you talking about? Loads of people don't come across like pricks on RHLSTP. Lots do, of course. Among them is Richard Osman.

non capisco

I wish there was an available recording of that bellwhiff from The Kaiser Chiefs shouting at the RHLSTP audience.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Cuellar on February 11, 2021, 01:41:11 PM
What are you talking about? Loads of people don't come across like pricks on RHLSTP. Lots do, of course. Among them is Richard Osman.

Another is Richard Herring. Another way to describe one of the interviewees doing oneupmanship is that they're giving as good as they get.

Lost Oliver

I don't like him but I can't say why. He just feels superior.

Hat FM

he's like the kid you have to be nice to on the playground cos its his football even tho he is a massive twat.

easytarget

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 10, 2021, 03:01:05 AM
Point of information: Osman didn't go to public school.
This is technically true. But it's also obviously not true.
I mean come on, it's what happened.

but is it, really? REALLY?

no, right?
no.