Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ricin in the Senate!

Started by Benny J. Fish, February 03, 2004, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benny J. Fish

Ricin found in U.S. Senate building
Tue 3 February, 2004 10:07

By JoAnne Allen

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A suspicious white powder found in a U.S. Senate office building has tested positive for the deadly poison ricin, U.S. Capitol Police Chief Terrence Gainer says.

Several preliminary tests confirmed that the substance discovered in a mail handling room was ricin and results of more extensive tests conducted in a laboratory confirmed the earlier findings, Gainer said late on Monday.

"Two of those three tests do indicate that it is ricin. So we have had several confirmations that it is ricin," Gainer said.

Reuters story

So, what will this do for Bush's arguments on the day they announce the WMD investigations, and while papers report that Blunkett is said to be 'unfit' for his job over his anti terrorist laws?

Or will this thread just sink, as I haven't seen Pinball around....

smoker

<actual conversation overheard by me in a restaurant on sunday>

gwb: gee whiz didja see the cover-up job that hutton guy did for tony? we need one of those whitewashes over here!

cheney: but if it goes through the senate, we might come out badly

gwb: we could just plant some ricin in there to help influence their decision

cheney: okay i'll call george tenet, see if he can find any in their lab

Purple Tentacle

Oh good, I get to hear every stand up comedian and Dead Ringer making jokes about "the wrong type of white powder being sent in the mail!111111" for the next six months again.

Hmm, I came over all sirkobble there. He won't mind, though, because he's dead.

butnut

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"
Hmm, I came over all sirkobble there. He won't mind, though, because he's dead.

First Necrophiliac gag of the new board?

fanny splendid

Benny J. Fish

Even funnier if you imagine a South African accent saying it!

Quote from: "Benny J. Fish"A suspicious white powder found in a U.S. Senate office building has tested positive for the deadly poison ricin, U.S. Capitol Police Chief Terrence Gainer says.

I haven't seen Pinball around....

Yeah hes working with us now.

Benny J. Fish

God Damn youse! God damn youse all to hell!