Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:38:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DIE JOGGERS DIE

Started by Rev+, February 06, 2021, 04:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Why can't we just kill them?

Spluttering and spitting maskless wankers, always choosing narrow paths that two people can't pass on anyway without one walking in traffic.  It's you who has to walk in traffic of course, even though it's behind you, because they're working on their PB.  Cunts.

Know what's worse?  Jogging clubs.  At this point in time!  Yeah, 30 people jogging in a close procession and completely choking up the pavements when I'm just trying to get home.  Cunts.

Fuck off to a track and run in a circle.  TRACKS ARE AVAILABLE.

Cunts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who the fuck is jogging in a cluster of people, and how do we stop them

GMTV

Audi joggers are the worst

Fambo Number Mive

Runners who don't distance are worse. Many of them assume you'll be the one getting out of the way, and shout "Thanks" at you when you've moved as far back as you can within melding into a wall.

shiftwork2

The silent scream on the face of a runner as they realise they cannot run away from themselves.  Classic.

chveik

JaDanketies

one of the best parts of my day tbh is going for a jog. There's no fucker about so keeping 2m distance is easy.

JamesTC

I hope you all have reduced lung capacity.

bgmnts

Up there with dog walkers as pure scum, but dog walkers may edge it. Groups of runners are ridiculous though.

I thought jogging was meant to be a solitary activity, but I do regularly see two or three women jogging together, chatting away. Isn't that the last thing you'd want?

poo

Butchers Blind

Cyclists on pavements - cunts.

H-O-W-L

I've seen right-wingers (racists) use "jogger" as a coded word for another double-G E-R word in the past so this title took me off guard for a minute.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 06, 2021, 06:24:33 PM
Cyclists on pavements - cunts.

I had one today. Walking along a quiet suburban road, no traffic and this dick was riding along the pavement, didn't ride onto the road when he saw me. I crossed over mainly because I wanted to distance from him as much as possible, if we weren't in a pandemic I might have kept on walking on the pavement he was on to see if he would change his mind.

Hope he gets an itchy arse.

flotemysost

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2021, 09:06:10 AM
Runners who don't distance are worse. Many of them assume you'll be the one getting out of the way, and shout "Thanks" at you when you've moved as far back as you can within melding into a wall.

Yes, this is what really gets me. It's the implication of MY NEED TO STAY FIT AND SEXY TRUMPS ALL ELSE, PUNY WALKER, EVEN YOUR RIGHT TO AVOID COVID.

Nothing wrong with going for a run/jog in itself of course, especially with gyms closed and few people having adequate space to exercise at home. But why do so many of them insist on choosing narrow, busy pavements which are often (at least in my experience, both in the area I was living in March/April and where I've moved to now) really really not that far from a park or open public space where they can run freely and distance far more easily? Just walk to the park/field/whatever then run there ffs.

Yes I know lots of them are probably on their working from home lunch break and need to get back to their desk within the hour, but so do I, and it's not helped by my daily walk time being doubled by constantly having to sidestep these athletic knobs.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Rev+ on February 06, 2021, 04:11:45 AM
Why can't we just kill them?

Spluttering and spitting maskless wankers, always choosing narrow paths that two people can't pass on anyway without one walking in traffic.  It's you who has to walk in traffic of course, even though it's behind you, because they're working on their PB.  Cunts.

Know what's worse?  Jogging clubs.  At this point in time!  Yeah, 30 people jogging in a close procession and completely choking up the pavements when I'm just trying to get home.  Cunts.

Fuck off to a track and run in a circle.  TRACKS ARE AVAILABLE.

Cunts.

Tracks aren't available at the moment, such facilities are closed. Also there are no groups running, if you see one you can tell the police. This is the case in England anyway, I don't know about elsewhere.

I'm running far more on pavements than cross country at the moment because of the muddy conditions so I agree that there are visibly more joggers using paths with pedestrians.

Is there a single verifiable case of anyone catching covid from a passing a runner or other person outdoors? That's a genuine question, I'm not good at research but I couldn't find one.

I think there's enough anxiety about Covid without adding to it by flagging up worries about whether a passing jogger can infect you. They can't. I'd say that the weight of human misery and health problems caused by passing joggers is infinitesimally small compared to the benefits to humanity of having skinny smug fitties prancing around on pavements and paths. I for one would be dead if I didn't run.

flotemysost

I think for me it's less a genuine concern about catching covid from a passing jogger, which I'm guessing is highly unlikely outdoors, although it doesn't sound like it would be completely impossible to inhale someone's infected droplets if they're breathing heavily without a mask and passing right by you (but likewise I'm not aware of any confirmed cases).

It's more a personal gripe - when pavements and paths get quite congested with runners and also people cycling on pavements/narrow paths, even where there are signs advising them to dismount (as is the case on one of my local walking routes - I appreciate that's not runners' fault either), pedestrians tend to pull the short straw, as many runners and cyclists are unlikely to slow down or stop to let someone past - so in order to avoid passing right by each other on the path there's often an assumption it'll be the walker who has to step out the way/cross the road, without any thanks or acknowledgement a lot of the time as well.

Petty perhaps, but going for a brisk daily walk is my only exercise/only thing I look forward to really during the weekdays at the moment, and it's a bit frustrating having to keep stopping and zigzagging all over the place/walking in the muddy slushy bits to avoid people, but I suppose it's just not an ideal situation for anyone full stop and most of us are currently very limited in the exercise options available, so some sort of compromise is inevitable, especially in busy urban areas.

Lots of walkers are twats too though, they're not off the hook. Shufflers. People who stop and look at their phones for ages. People who link arms in pairs and do that leisurely "kick leg in the air, then heel-toe on the ground" walk. Just hate everyone, really.

JamesTC

The biggest cunts are those that stop and chat on either side of the pavement, so you have to go between two people talking.

jobotic

I usually run in the evening and  go in the road if there are other people on the pavement. That okay?

And as a cyclist who uses the road because I'm a fucking adult I also hate pavement cyclists.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

If you are so scared about joggers/runners squeezing past you for 1 nanosecond on a narrow path....maybe don't walk on a narrow path and choose a different route.

poo

Cunts. I should know, I am one.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: JamesTC on February 07, 2021, 04:05:39 PM
The biggest cunts are those that stop and chat on either side of the pavement, so you have to go between two people talking.
I walk past coughing. Sadly nobody cares about Covid coughers.

flotemysost

Maybe I am overly paranoid about passing people on the pavement, as I do sometimes cross the road to avoid walking on the same side as someone (as in someone else who's walking, not just runners) if it doesn't look like there'll be much space. Which probably just makes me look like a dick (and/or a massive racist, depending on who it is).

Cases are really bad in my area though (or at least they were a few weeks ago) and the local council have been putting out strong messaging about the new variants, how easily transmissible they are and how important distancing is etc. and it's freaked me out a bit I guess, although I'm sure even a quick trip to the supermarket is a thousand times more risky.

Didn't want to offend any runners though so apologies if I have, it's just frustrating feeling like you're always the one who has to move out the way/hang back and wait for the herd of joggers[nb]as in just multiple people who happen to be one after the other, not people meeting up in a big group, at least I don't think so[/nb] to hurtle past, even on routes where there are signs clearly saying that pedestrians should be given priority. Appreciate it's definitely #notalljoggers though.

And the alternative route is down the high street, which is always thronging, although tbf that's a pretty exhilarating workout as you constantly have to be nimbly weaving in and out of people's way there.

Fambo Number Mive

I don't think crossing the road to avoid walking on the same side as someone makes you look remotely like a dick, it's good covid etiquette.

Where I live it's mostly narrow pavements or paths, and some of the more rural areas are only accessible by walking along A or B roads and hoping the cars don't hit you. The main road which is in between where I live and the woods is only paved one on side.

Twit 2

Jog into grave, cunts.

(Except Janie. She's fine. Poo, nah. Die in a pit.)

Alright, cheers.

dissolute ocelot

Is there any actual research on the chances that you can catch it from a runner or cyclist? Last spring I think there was some study that was widely criticised, and we also need comparisons to walking, supermarkets, and other activities. It's up to everyone individually to decide how much to avoid joggers, but in view of the health benefits of not being stuck indoors, it's certainly wrong to be sticking a foot out as they run past.

Bazooka

The trick is to not snog the jogger as they run past, easier said than done.

RDRR

someone briefly running past you is a very minimal risk. and it is easier for you to move out of the way than it is for them, unless you expect them to injure themselves because you're being stubborn.

what are you doing on that path? getting your daily exercise by going for a walk? well then. wear a mask outside if you want to. it's been a year - people are advised to get regular exercise, it's one of the few valid reasons for going out, alongside work and food shopping. if you ever go out for a recreational walk then i'm not sure what your argument is

i do agree that people shouldn't be jogging in groups (this is explicitly against rules, surely?) and should keep their distance if they can. but covid is not being spread by people jogging past each other.

Cuellar

Walkers don't tend to pant and slobber and sweat like runners do though. Could get an eyefull of covid from some clown jogging past, mouth open, panting away like a dog.

You should be saying 'wear a mask if you want to jog'

RDRR

Quote from: Cuellar on February 08, 2021, 03:55:29 PM
Walkers don't tend to pant and slobber and sweat like runners do though. Could get an eyefull of covid from some clown jogging past, mouth open, panting away like a dog.

a lot do (and a lot of runners don't), and you will typically spend a lot longer alongside someone when walking past as opposed to running past them. joggers also aren't typically stopping and chatting with people they meet, 2m apart or otherwise.

Quote from: Cuellar on February 08, 2021, 03:55:29 PM
You should be saying 'wear a mask if you want to jog'

why? I'm not saying anyone should wear a mask outside, because all the evidence suggests there is very little associated risk unless it's incredibly densely packed. but if you're paranoid about walking past people breathing heavily (a jogger or an unfit/old person, someone walking up a slope) then wear a mask.

Cuellar