Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Feel Good

Started by Virgo76, February 08, 2021, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgo76

Not seen a thread on this yet?
A decent comedy drama on All 4 about a young standup (Mae Martin) and her relationship with another young woman (Charlotte Ritchie). Second series is on soon I think.

Icehaven

Saw it trailered a while back and considered giving it a go largely because of enjoying Charlotte Richie in Fresh Meat and Ghosts, but then I just sort of forgot about it. Having been reminded I might try it, I need a new series.

Ornlu

Don't think I could relate, plus it would just sadly remind me I could never be a lesbian.

dissolute ocelot

There was a thread about this but it's probably long enough ago that you should start a new one, and actually I was just trying to remember what I'd seen Charlotte Richie in apart from Fresh Meat and Pixels, so fortuitous there.

I enjoyed the first series a lot; it does go into some slightly dark areas beyond fun sitcom, with addiction and the like, but felt fresh and authentic. Martin can switch between appealing/cute/innocent and wild/tortured, and certainly some good jokes. Even if I never find stand-up funny in TV comedy/dramas (see also Marvellous Mrs Maisels and those bank adverts). Not sure a second series is a good idea, unless it's without Richie and focusing on something different, but we shall see. Maybe her character will get a sitcom.

Mr Trumpet

Enjoyed this more than I expected, but a few months down the line I barely remember any of it. Funny seeing Lisa Kudrow pop up in a fairly low-key British show like this.

I'm still annoyed at their portrayal of Blackpool train station tbf