Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:24:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tonight BBC1: Sex, Lies and Michael Aspel 00:05 to 01:05

Started by Neil, February 27, 2004, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Dunno if this is any good or not, but there's probably toss all else on worth watching.

Spoof This Is your Life featuring dozens of illegitimate children.
(Subtitles)

QuoteSex, Lies and Michael Aspel

This documentary takes a deep and probing look at the real man behind the familiar mask of the television veteran – and a mask it proves to be.

We talk to those who have met, known and worked with the man we all know and love as the dependable and respectable face of television. However, behind the façade lies a dark past filled with womanising, sordid affairs and an almost Godfather-like control over the media.

Past girlfriends including Angie Best and Valerie Singleton talk about the magnetic sexual effect he had on women even from his early days as a newsreader, and reveal their own liaisons with the man they knew.

Michael himself talks candidly about his international career and the women he has loved and left. He tells of how he has come to terms with his past and wants to come to terms with the people he has kept secret from the press for many years, including some surprising past girlfriends and secret children whose identities have previously not been revealed.

As a sign of this momentous moment in his life, Michael decides to hold a reunion to put his past where it belongs and start afresh, but what he plans as a cosy reunion of friends and family members, does not go quite as planned as he realises the effect his actions over the past 50 years have had on those close to him.

A revealing documentary that delves into the surprisingly unknown psyche of a man the nation holds dear.

Papercut

Its a strange spoof in the style of Dale Winton's Wedding, been on BBC3 a few times.

Its not funny so much as oddly compelling, played very straight with no obvious jokes or belly laughs.

I still don't 'get' what this show was trying to do, other than perhaps just confuse people in an understated way.

Hard to figure out what Michael Aspel felt he had to gain from this.

Macerate and Petrify

I watched this, I was a little drunk so it took some time for me to work out what was going on. I thought it was absolutely fantastic. If anyone has a recording of this I will be eternally grateful.

I loved the use of archive footage especially.