Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

High Quality Ebay Listings

Started by GoblinAhFuckScary, February 11, 2021, 05:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Wanted to keep a thread going of useless/ineffectual/weird etc Ebay photos and listings because my doomscrolling has only increased in the time of the plague. I haven't got a backlog saved but the regularity is assured.

GoblinAhFuckScary

I have a saved search for like 1940s summer dresses and that and

imitationleather

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 11, 2021, 05:45:13 PM
Wanted to keep a thread going of useless/ineffectual/weird etc Ebay photos and listings because my doomscrolling has only increased with in the time of the plague. I haven't got a backlog saved but the regularity is assured.

Knowing the crazy stuff she does, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the wallet looks like!!!!

wosl

Hand Solo

^^
If you win the auction for the coat, he'll insist you also take the bagful of antique children's shoes that he got with it.

Fambo Number Mive

What is the white basin-like object reflected in the window?

Paul Calf

JesusAndYourBush

Open in a new window to embiggen.

JesusAndYourBush

Endicott

After reading the first two I need to bid on the third.

Blue Jam

https://mobile.twitter.com/SellingAMirror

Think this one's from Facebook but still:

Something utterly heart-rending about this.

Ferris

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 01:51:34 PM

Haha. Melting Steve Albini Edvard Munch Scream. Or even

------

I kinda like this one. Marilyn having a bit of a gurn

Zetetic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Zetetic on February 18, 2021, 03:41:07 PM
Glam Thatcher, isn't it?

That's probably why my partner won't let me buy it

touchingcloth

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 11, 2021, 05:50:08 PM
I have a saved search for like 1940s summer dresses and that and

James Acaster's let himself gehen.

Sonny_Jim

There's a Japanese retro videogame seller on eBay that has amusing titles, seemingly someone reads the box whilst someone else writes the text.

For example, here is 'Crush Bandique', which is what Crash Bandicoot sounds like if you say it in an offensive Japanese accent.  There was a few other obvious ones, like 'Tetlis', but unfortunately I can't find any others as it seems they've closed so I can't search the rest of their items.

GoblinAhFuckScary

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Megan Koester's Harrowing Images From the Craigslist Free Section on instagram has some real amazing ones of these

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK-USzHARRO/

GoblinAhFuckScary

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 18, 2021, 03:35:56 PM
I kinda like this one. Marilyn having a bit of a gurn

Can you call it a rug if it lets most of the light through it like that?

Janie Jones

Every time this thread gets bumped I am terrified that my distorted reflected face is going to appear, or one of my auctions of disgusting old tat will be held up for scrutiny. I do sell some risible auld shite but it's my hobby, it keeps stuff out of landfill and sometimes I make a few bob.

For example: having now acquired a reputation for clearing dead friend's homes, we got asked to help a friend clear his dead step-sister's garage. When we got there, he'd made a start and made 3 piles of stuff, one for the dump, one for the chazza (when they reopen for donations) and one for resale via car boot/eBay/auction. My partner rescued a small item he spotted in the 'dump' pile, I wish I could reveal further details but it's hush-hush because of our friend's family politics. These items normally go for a fiver or so, so we bunged it on eBay for 99p one evening and woke up to a shitstorm of messages and offers in the hundreds from several dealers. Turns out this mundane-looking item was very special and rare; we let the auction run and it sold for £1450! (We've given most of the profit, after fees and commission, to our friend, just in case anyone thought I was being cagey about the details because I'd trousered the cash.)

Tl:dr: Try to avoid chucking old stuff away, it may have value you don't know about.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 26, 2021, 12:11:56 PM
Every time this thread gets bumped I am terrified that my distorted reflected face is going to appear, or one of my auctions of disgusting old tat will be held up for scrutiny.
Heh, I know exactly what you mean. I can't say what I listed this morning, as it would be easily searchable, but it's pretty close to the bottom of the barrel. For some, it should probably be in a bag marked 'FOR INCINERATION ONLY'.

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 26, 2021, 12:11:56 PMMy partner rescued a small item he spotted in the 'dump' pile, I wish I could reveal further details but it's hush-hush because of our friend's family politics.

QuoteThese items normally go for a fiver or so, so we bunged it on eBay for 99p one evening and woke up to a shitstorm of messages and offers in the hundreds from several dealers. Turns out this mundane-looking item was very special and rare; we let the auction run and it sold for £1450!

that's brilliant; never had a result close to that. Mind, I'm mostly flipping stuff I found at car boot sales/ in a skip etc. You read about these things like someone buying a Ming dynasty vase for 50p, and I sometimes wonder if I should swot up on the value of precious items, but in the end I can't be bothered. 

studpuppet

Quote from: Janie Jones on March 26, 2021, 12:11:56 PM
Tl:dr: Try to avoid chucking old stuff away, it may have value you don't know about.

Cor - that sounds like it would make a great TV programme.

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on February 11, 2021, 05:50:08 PM

Alfie Allen selling costumes he pinched off the set of Jo Jo Rabbit.