Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Former Egghead CJ De Moii writes sitcom

Started by Mobius, February 12, 2021, 03:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/02/11/47822/ex-egghead_cj_de_mooi_writes_a_sitcom

CJ is keeping this project on the down-low so little is known, but what we do know is that John "Boycie" Challis from Only Fools and Horses and Ewan "Scotch Egg" McIntosh from The Office are onboard, as well as Sally Thomsett.

Delighted to hear CJ is doing well, to be honest. I'm a big Eggheads fan and last I heard he was homeless, dying of AIDS and massively bankrupt (financially)

Depressing amount of views and a pretty mean comment on his Youtube video announcing the project

Anyway best of luck to the lad, still not entirely sure if he's a solid bloke or a bit of a prat, or both. But he seems nice enough doesn't he? Or does he?

C_Larence

Things definitely seemed to go south for him around the time he cheerily confessed to killing a man in Amsterdam.

Jerzy Bondov

Best of luck to CJ, one of my all time favourite murderers

lankyguy95

I mean, who hasn't murdered a guy on a holiday in Amsterdam?

Captain Z

This has as much chance of being made as a Chortle article without spelling mistakes.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on February 12, 2021, 08:30:15 AM
Best of luck to CJ, one of my all time favourite murderers

Once Leslie Grantham carked it, there was only one show in town and it was a supercilious quizzer with a daft as fuck name.

Gurke and Hare

QuoteHe told Chortle: 'It's a family-based sitcom where the members are suddenly thrown back together by circumstances.

No Place Like Home for the Ghosts generation!

Cuellar

Brundle-Fly

Why does every one-sentence premise description of sit-coms always sound so unappealing?

frajer

He did vastly overestimate the relatability of murdering a drug addicted mugger in Amsterdam.

"I fully suspect I killed him but we've all done it, haven't we ladies and gents?" *taps mike* "Is this thing on?"

turnstyle

Remember that time he got shot with two paintballs and they went on his eyes and made him blind?

Put me right off Newcastle that did, I bet the Geordie tourist board were fuming.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Mobius on February 12, 2021, 03:01:26 AM
https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/02/11/47822/ex-egghead_cj_de_mooi_writes_a_sitcom

a pretty mean comment on his Youtube video announcing the project

Is it a mean comment? I don't follow him on Twitter so don't know anything about him bar him being on Eggheads and a murderer. If he'd had a career before as a half-successful scriptwriter it'd be ok.

Bronzy

lankyguy95

On his Twitter bio he says he's an actor, athlete and activist. Yet five hours ago he tweeted that he'd just had his first ever acting lesson. I'm going to take a guess that by "athlete" he means that he goes for a run on a not irregular basis, and everyone knows that if you call yourself an activist then you're definitely not one.

No judgement like, I haven't got a life either.

Actor, athlete, activist, Amsterdam assassin.

Thomas

CJ from Eggheads - never not fascinating. I bought his notorious memoir in Poundland a few years ago but never read it.

He's like a fictional minor celebrity in a stony English film, embodying themes of parochial half-fame, trauma, and unbeaten determination. Phonecalls in the rain and cancelled local radio appearances; flashbacks to Amsterdam and - finally - third act adulation in the form of a stranger's recognition.

The old lady steps off the bus, carrier bags in hand - and then pauses. She's spotted him. ''Ey up, I know you - you're 'im what used to be on't telly, aren't you?'
'Me?' He smiles. 'Yeah, I suppose am.'

beanheadmcginty

Has he ever specified where exactly in Amsterdam he cunted this chap into a canal? I quite fancy paying it a visit. Maybe lay a wreath made of eggs.

Flouncer

There was a point in time when he kept turning up in the audience at snooker matches and the BBC commentators would acknowledge his presence, saying what a big snooker fan he was. I seem to remember him doing an interview or something at the Crucible one year too. I assume this was in the days before his tramp murdering revelation.

easytarget

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 12, 2021, 11:17:07 AM
Why does every one-sentence premise description of sit-coms always sound so unappealing?

Angry man run hotel badly.

Bad priests on island.

Cockneys run scams. Occasional bar falling.

Some people. In an office.

gilbertharding

Quote from: easytarget on February 13, 2021, 06:13:52 AM
Angry man run hotel badly.

Bad priests on island.

Cockneys run scams. Occasional bar falling.

Some people. In an office.

Terry. And June.

frajer

jimboslice

Quote from: lankyguy95 on February 13, 2021, 12:34:54 AM
On his Twitter bio he says he's an actor, athlete and activist. Yet five hours ago he tweeted that he'd just had his first ever acting lesson. I'm going to take a guess that by "athlete" he means that he goes for a run on a not irregular basis, and everyone knows that if you call yourself an activist then you're definitely not one.

Which twitter account is this? Business, personal or Happy Place?

I was on Eggheads and CJ was actually alright. Vine was a cunt though.

jobotic

Was Barry Simmons on it? Did you cuddle him? He looks like he'd be nice to cuddle.

Unlike Kevin.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: frajer on February 13, 2021, 11:20:56 AM
Bundle mugger into canal. In Amsterdam.

Now that's one I would watch. Sounds hilarious.

Thomas

The dunked mugger is an interesting story. It appeared in the serialization of his autobiography, and Google Books confirms its presence in the actual book, too,[nb]I could check my own copy, but it's downstairs[/nb] but CJ has since denied ever writing it:

QuoteA few days after this, a European Arrest warrant in my name was applied for after reports, published by the BBC, stated I had written in my autobiography that I suspected I killed someone. These reports were also all lies.

https://cjdemooi.tumblr.com/post/185198746863

As far as I know, he's never publicly theorised as to how the text ended up in his memoir.

Cuellar

Has a murderer ever written a sitcom before?

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Cuellar on February 13, 2021, 06:29:09 PM
Has a murderer ever written a sitcom before?

"Upstairs Downstairs" was originally drafted by Fred West.

frajer

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 03:56:32 PM
As far as I know, he's never publicly theorised as to how the text ended up in his memoir.

Smug dickhead kills man and puts it in his autobiography because he doesn't think anyone will mind the death of a drug-addicted mugger.

Then when he's rightfully pulled up on it, he claims it never happened and he never wrote it.

With such a startling lack of empathy and imagination, this could well be the next After Life.

jobotic

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 03:56:32 PM

Shouldn't have sent it to be published by William Bennett's Come Org.

(clever callback to another thread)