Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:32:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Former Egghead CJ De Moii writes sitcom

Started by Mobius, February 12, 2021, 03:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil_A

Quote from: frajer on February 13, 2021, 08:17:27 PM
Smug dickhead kills man and puts it in his autobiography because he doesn't think anyone will mind the death of a drug-addicted mugger.

Then when he's rightfully pulled up on it, he claims it never happened and he never wrote it.

With such a startling lack of empathy and imagination, this could well be the next After Life.

I don't honestly believe it ever happened, I think he made it up on the spur of the moment to make himself sound more interesting. He just seems like the kind-of person who would do that. "Yeah, might've killed someone once, dunno really. Probably did."

RenegadeScrew

easytarget

Some Muggers Do 'Ave 'Em (a drowning incident, in a canal)
Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads? (CJ from Eggheads drowned one in a canal in Holand)
I'm Canal Partridge

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: monkfromhavana on February 13, 2021, 07:42:57 PM
"Upstairs Downstairs" was originally drafted by Fred West.

A Perfect State was written by Adolf Hitler

msm

Quote from: Bronzy on February 12, 2021, 10:56:48 PM
Cassandra's miscarriage of justice.

" This time next year we will be murderers"

willbo

I heard the CJ interview and it didn't sound like he was being smug to me. He says he ran away to Amsterdam after his parents threw him out for being gay and he was homeless himself and selling sex. It came across to me more like it was such a crazy time for him he didn't have perspective on it. I think he was also emboldened in that he didn't actually know what happened. He pushed a man into the canal and ran away. He didn't look back to see if he climbed out or anything. At least, thats what he described.

The Lurker

Quote from: Phil_A on February 13, 2021, 10:21:14 PM
I don't honestly believe it ever happened, I think he made it up on the spur of the moment to make himself sound more interesting. He just seems like the kind-of person who would do that. "Yeah, might've killed someone once, dunno really. Probably did."

I had the same thought. He does strike me as a Walter Mitty type.   

Bazooka

End Credits: Sombre saxaphone music plays out over some slightly shimmering water, something almost egg shaped gradually becomes clear and emerges to the surface as the credits roll.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: The Lurker on February 14, 2021, 10:42:01 AM
I had the same thought. He does strike me as a Walter Mitty type.

Like Ray Gosling saying he mercy-killed his partner https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/oct/02/ray-gosling-interview, or Richard Coles pretending he had HIV, or Johann Hari cont. p.94

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Cuellar on February 13, 2021, 06:29:09 PM
Has a murderer ever written a sitcom before?
J. J. Paulsen who wrote for Grace Under Fire and All-American Girl murdered his wife. John Landis was acquitted of killing two children and did a bit of sitcom writing early in his career. There are rumours about Chevy Chase, although he only wrote sketch comedy and films. And Ray Gosling did some comedy travelogues.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Thomas on February 13, 2021, 03:56:32 PM
The dunked mugger is an interesting story. It appeared in the serialization of his autobiography, and Google Books confirms its presence in the actual book, too,[nb]I could check my own copy, but it's downstairs[/nb] but CJ has since denied ever writing it:

https://cjdemooi.tumblr.com/post/185198746863

As far as I know, he's never publicly theorised as to how the text ended up in his memoir.

'Clarification 9 August 2019: An earlier version of this article reported that CJ de Mooi wrote in his autobiography that he may have killed a man. This has been amended to make clear that he made these comments in an interview accompanying the serialisation of his book, and not in the book itself.' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37437498
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37437498

In the book he pushed someone in a canal and abandoned them. He took it one step further when being interviewed by the Daily Mirror and said this action had probably killed them.

gilbertharding

Wouldn't most jurisdictions need more evidence of a crime (for instance, a body - or even evidence that someone is missing) than someone randomly confessing to something?

I'll come clean, and admit that's what I thought habeas corpus meant - but apparently not.

Rolf Lundgren

It did get all Kafkaesque when it was frequently reported he was arrested for comments about killing a man in his autobiography when it turned out nobody had read the autobiography and it he hadn't said he'd killed a man.

Instead of a sitcom, he should write a film about his life. Would be much more entertaining.