Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:13:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dave Gorman's Wacky Youtube Life-Is-Goodish Upload Adventure (FOR CUNTS!)

Started by H-O-W-L, February 12, 2021, 04:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 17, 2021, 12:05:41 AM
Gorman did 2 stunt books - the 2nd of which was about him not wanting to do another stunt book (but then doing one anyway to cover the advance of the novel he hadn't written). That Googlewhack book is actually pretty good and is mostly about him wanting to be taken seriously and not being known as 'that stunt guy'.

America Unchained is a bit of a stunt (visit places in America without going to a chain store) which is ultimately hampered by it's own unforgiving rules and Dave Gorman vs The World feels like a stunt book without being one. Not criticising as I genuinely believe Dave's reaction in Googlewhack to shake off the shackles of being the stunt guy but then can imagine publishers wanting and marketing his next books in the same way. Also, call me naive but I can believe he's the type of person who likes these types of challenges and would be doing them or something like them if there wasn't a book or show to be crafted at the end of it.