Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:07:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Willy's Wonderland

Started by Rev+, February 13, 2021, 03:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Out on Prime today and therefore available everywhere:  the latest 'Nic Cage needs shoes' production.

It's 'Five Nights at Freddies'.  We've already had that with the Banana Splits one a few months back, but here we are again.

Our Cagey plays a guy with popped tyres, and being unable to pay for the repair in cash, is given the option of working it off by cleaning up an abandoned theme restaurant for the night.  Problem is, the animatronic inside mascots come to life at night and seek blood.

Cage is entirely silent apart from the occasional grunt.  He has no lines, he's a Gordon Freeman motherfucker in this.

I've seen worse.

bgmnts

Dog Botherer

i like to believe that Cage refused to speak any of his lines. i submit as evidence every fucking line in the thing. the pinball scene was fun.

the kid is obsessed with FNAF and therefore has already watched this twice. he could be watching worse i suppose.

Benjaminos

I think 'well, it's not the shittest Nicolas Cage film' pretty much sums it up - average in almost every regard.

Up until the final showdown, none of the robots really seem like much of a threat. They turn up, go 'grr', and he beats the shit of them in about twenty seconds. Why does he feel obligated to fight them all? I'd just bugger off as soon as the doors were unlocked - he can't be doing it out of purely altruistic reasons (i.e. save the town), all the backstory is explained to someone else, in a different location. Why does he have to drink a can of off-brand red bull every hour or two?

In conclusion: who cares

SteveDave

I bloody loved it.

Yes, he could've just left once the door was opened but he had an obligation to Mr Tex Texan to clean his Willy's for him and by God he wasn't going to quit just because some possessed robots got uppity. If he'd have spoken there would've been dialogue about him never leaving a job undone or sutin but it really didn't need it. He loved his work, he loved his breaks and his punch and his pinball.

I found the reasoning behind the whole thing really worked well and would happily watch a prequel.

idunnosomename

wow RLM really laid into this huh.

even from the trailer I could see the odd "Nicholas Cage punches robot until black stuff comes out of it / walks away unfazed" and was a bit hmm is this a real movie

I don't want to catch any spoilers so I haven't watched the RLM on this yet or read any comments in this thread referencing the RLM episode. About to spend $20 to rent it, can't wait!

Phil_A

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on February 25, 2021, 04:07:47 AM
I don't want to catch any spoilers so I haven't watched the RLM on this yet or read any comments in this thread referencing the RLM episode. About to spend $20 to rent it, can't wait!

One of their non-spoiler comments was "Do not spend 20 dollars renting this."