Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A Singing Mogwai!?

Started by lazyhour, February 13, 2021, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Joe Satriani started singing on his third album and after that common consensus was to let him do it tops once every few years. You could include other guitar bands like The Shadows (after Cliff of course) who started to do the odd vocal

The Mollusk

Man... Or Astro-Man? did occasional vocals as well and those tracks were never as good as their regular instrumental sci-fi infused surf-punk.

purlieu

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 28, 2021, 03:30:06 PM
You could include other guitar bands like The Shadows (after Cliff of course) who started to do the odd vocal
Actually, their catalogue was about a third vocal from around the start of their career, up to the mid '70s. None of them were ever any good.

MrMrs

red sparowes are pretty good aye

idunnosomename

Quote from: purlieu on February 28, 2021, 06:39:23 PM
Actually, their catalogue was about a third vocal from around the start of their career, up to the mid '70s. None of them were ever any good.
urgh my bad. i didn't actually check their discography. i dont know their LPs

jobotic

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 28, 2021, 04:42:09 PM
Man... Or Astro-Man? did occasional vocals as well and those tracks were never as good as their regular instrumental sci-fi infused surf-punk.

Agree on the whole but Mermaid love is pretty sweet.

purlieu

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 28, 2021, 11:23:33 PM
urgh my bad. i didn't actually check their discography. i dont know their LPs
The first single as The Shadows, 'Lonesome Fella', was a vocal number. As was their very first single, as The Drifters, 'Feelin' Fine'.
You must now listen to all their '80s albums as punishment for your error.

idunnosomename

can i become a mormon instead?  probably less hassle

edit fuck jehovah's witness. stop getting shadows wrong!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Top St. Petersburg Twang merchants Messer Chups started off as mainly instrumental, but have gradually put more and more vocals into their songs, which is probably not a good idea , as, for all of her other talents, yer woman Zombierella is not the strongest of vocalists. Also, the pair of them both being of a certain age wittering on about Dracula is a bit embarrassing, to be honest.

The Mollusk

I really like Messer Chups but I definitely got all I needed from their first couple of records. The extremely niche theme of their music doesn't seem like it would have the staying power of ... fucking hell how many albums have they got? FIFTEEN?!

purlieu

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 01, 2021, 01:47:35 AM
can i become a mormon instead?  probably less hassle

edit fuck jehovah's witness. stop getting shadows wrong!
You can start with their Eastenders / Howard's Way medley.

jobotic

lipsink

I wonder if Arab Strap will get to No. 1 next week. You never know.

turnstyle

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 28, 2021, 04:42:09 PM

Mostly agree, but Universe City is a good 'un.

lankyguy95

Quote from: lipsink on March 02, 2021, 06:38:18 PM
I wonder if Arab Strap will get to No. 1 next week. You never know.
I'll have to check out that record.

Architects got number one this week so the album charts are unusually guitar-heavy right now.

MrMrs

it's pretty good but it won't get no 1 because no one gives a fuck about them, quite rightly

idunnosomename