Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,483
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:11:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

rock/dream-pop/dubstep song i heard in Burger King around Jan/Feb 2020

Started by willbo, February 13, 2021, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

I heard this over the sound system in Burger King near Milton Keynes around then. It starts off with a slow, booming, heavy synth riff that sounds a lot like Nero or Modestep - it has the same "stadium rock", "don't stop believin'", type feel that Nero's "Me and You" has.

i tried to do an electric re-creation of the "riff" - https://onlinesequencer.net/1853780

Then it went into a kind of drum n' bass rhythm (the slow riff continues with faster drums accompanying it)

then a dream pop, mysterious sounding female vocalist comes in singing to the slow pace of the riff... all I remember is one line starts with "I don't care if..." and another line with "forgive me..but...". I think her voice becomes more impassioned and punky/rocky in some places but mostly has a laid back sedate dream-pop tone.

The song has the "riff" quite loud on the intro and chorus (with what sounds like electric guitar over synth) and quieter on the verses (but with faster drums in the verses)

There was also a London sounding rapper doing a verse at one point near the end

I asked on the Reddit music ID page but no one knew it, I've listened to loads of suggestions...it's such a big mix of sounds that I don't even know what genre it is. I've browsed the albums of Nero, Prodigy, Qemists, Monstercat records with Laura Brehm, Illium, and a bunch of other artists. Browsed rock bands like Paramore and New Years Day...dream pop and stuff like Beach House and Goldfrapp. No one seems to know it. It was a really epic, uplifting song with really big production.