Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kneeling In Piss

Started by Gregory Torso, February 14, 2021, 06:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Kneeling In Piss are a "versatile lo-fi project" and I bet you can't wait to fucking hear them. They released an album and two e.ps last year. What did you do, apart from wank your testicles into obsolescence and start a zoom podcast. They are from the same geographical area as Guided By Voices, Thomas Jefferson Slave Apartments, The Cheater Slicks, The Evolution Control Committee, Times New Viking, etc. It's a strong shoulder of beef in the world of refridgerated musical butchery. But what do they sound like, I hear you impatiently tut.

Kneeling In Piss sound like other bands. Parquet Courts with a squeaky recorder -

USA Will Start Another War

a no-fidelity band with strong late night nineties flava

Music For Peasants

Further kneelings in the peeins

The Mob

Pervert Today

wine counts as a fruit doesn'it? Like a one of your 5 a day.

wosl

I like Music For Presents; something about the wonky strum of it makes me think of Stitched-Back Foot Airman, which is always welcome.

wosl

Listening to another now, and something about the studiedly desultory cut of their jib definitely calls S-BFA to mind (minus the winningly scampish vocals of the latter).

Gregory Torso

Quote from: wosl on February 14, 2021, 08:00:15 PM
Stitched-Back Foot Airman

Hadn't heard of this band before but I'm listening now and really liking them.

wosl

A fine also-ran indie band of the early '80s (Peel used to moan about the unwieldiness of their name, and they ended up shortening it with disastrous effect to 'Stitch').