Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CoViD 3.0

Started by Zetetic, February 16, 2021, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

B.1.525, like classic KentVid (B.1.17) but with a E484K mutation as found in BraziVid and SAVid (B.1.351).

Chollis

Chedney Honks

FUCKSPONENTIAL CUNTDOWN

Chollis

the government has today announced a STOKE-TIER PRIMORDIAL FUCKDOWN in response to Covid 3.0

Theremin

Quote from: Chedney Honks on February 16, 2021, 01:12:36 PM
FUCKSPONENTIAL CUNTDOWN

Getting this on my gravestone, which I'll need next week from the sound of it

JamesTC

Why do they have to keep mucking about and changing it?

Fambo Number Mive

Surely, if this new variant is similar to the South African variant we should already be starting door to door testing for it - or were the cases found too long ago for this?

I don't understand how it is too soon to say if it should be added to the UK's list of "variants of concern" and whether mass testing for it should happen if it has the E484K mutation.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about science and feel a complete dunderhead when it comes to the pandemic.

Quote from: Zetetic on February 16, 2021, 12:54:57 PM
B.1.525, like classic KentVid (B.1.17) but with a E484K mutation as found in BraziVid and SAVid (B.1.351).

Loved Rock Lobster and Love Shack.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

🎼Covid Threeeeeeeeee

Dum🎹dum🎹dum🎹

You lived your life until covid threeeeeeeeee🎼

Captain Z

Kent must pay for this.

George Oscar Bluth II

Interesting that it seems to be mutating in the same way independently in different places. Is this what's expected to happen?

Zetetic

Certain mutations are being selected for independently in different places, might be a better way to think of it.

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on February 16, 2021, 03:32:42 PM
Is this what's expected to happen?
Yeah, if there's a few reservoirs big enough to support mutation and common selective pressures within those reservoirs.

Although I wonder if it undermines the theory that KentVid was wrought by the selective pressure of imperfect plasma therapy.

Bernice

Please stop bashing our plasma therapy.

Johnny Yesno

And bald like SajidJaVid (B.1.1.1.1.1.1.1).

BlodwynPig

You are missing CaliVid!

bgmnts

Covid Part III: The Death of Michael Corleone.