Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fashion items/clothes you're surprised haven't made a come-back yet

Started by MoonDust, February 16, 2021, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDust

Monocles
The pince-nez
Zoot suits

This isn't necessarily fashion you would like to see come back, more just fashion you're surprised hasn't come back, or at least hedging your bets would come back in a few years.

I reckon the pince-nez is one. The new hipsters will bring it back from the dead.

Retinend

MoonDust

Custard

Shell-suits
Global Hypercolour t shirts
Naf Naf jackets

Admittedly there's probably some hipster dong wearing all three of these right now

MoonDust

Talking of jackets, in the 90s my cousin always wore a type of biker jacket (I think), that was black with lightning bolts on the back. The lightning bolts could be different colours. I remember he had one with purple lightning bolts and one with yellow or orange.

Anyone know what I'm on about? Had something to do with wolves, maybe in writing or was the name of the brand?

Janie Jones

imitationleather

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteBig resurgence during Nu Rave, Klaxons etc, mid noughties

Felt like that lasted about 6 weeks though

---

Imitationleather is right. Just look at anyone aged between 18-24. Then stop looking, you perv.

beanheadmcginty

Fr.Bigley

Arseless leather chaps.
Tasmanian devil Jumpers.
The sweater shop brand.
Single holed balaclavas.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Stovepipe hats
High waisted pants pulled up to your tits (don't know the technical term for these)
The merkin

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 16, 2021, 04:14:45 PM

High waisted pants pulled up to your tits (don't know the technical term for these)

They call them "Robert Mitchums"

Buelligan

Icehaven

Bum bags. They were useful anyway but they were made for mobiles before they even existed.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Marner and Me

Quote from: icehaven on February 16, 2021, 07:31:21 PM
Bum bags. They were useful anyway but they were made for mobiles before they even existed.
Drug dealers have them now. Called manbags, apparently

GoblinAhFuckScary

Oh bumbags are still in revival.  Check out the Luis Vuitton