Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fashion items/clothes you're surprised haven't made a come-back yet

Started by MoonDust, February 16, 2021, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Bootcut bootcut and thrice bootcut.  Let John Cooper Clarke get on with his own thing and the rest of us can enjoy the breeze. 

Icehaven

PowerButchi

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 16, 2021, 02:58:20 PM
T-shirts with Fido Dido on the front.

Still worn on people in French and Italian secondary school textbooks to this day.

GoblinAhFuckScary

petril

Mr Banlon

Brundle-Fly

TROOP tracksuits - those garish, bling-bling tracksuits from the 80s/90s.

dex

Sherringford Hovis

Koteka, Namba and Horim. Or Lonka Lonka for when it's hot and dry.

Users of this forum are unlikely to need a Kynodesme, though.

poodlefaker

Seen a few of those t-shirts people used to have printed for stag/hen weekends in charity shops - can't believe they haven't been claimed as hipster attire yet.

petril

I hate the fact that those t-shirt printing stalls now have access to fonts that aren't Cooper Black. that was their thing ffs

salr

Quote from: Captain Crunch on February 16, 2021, 08:40:01 PM
Bootcut bootcut and thrice bootcut.  Let John Cooper Clarke get on with his own thing and the rest of us can enjoy the breeze.

Yes this. I have tried getting on with 'skinny' jeans really i have, but boot cut are about a billion times more comfortable to put on or take off.

My feet are so freakly shaped they just do not fit down normal size trousers.

EDIT: my last set of boot cut jeans are getting frayed and IDK where to buy more, so I bought a pair of 'straight cut' tracksuit bottoms. They seem to pass me feet as well as the jeans. If i cant buy another pair of jeans like this i will buy some more traccy bottoms.

Brundle-Fly

I hope those pinstripe suit jackets with an eighties hair metal band name ironically stenciled on the back never get revived.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Pop Swatches. Between the nostalgia cycle and wearable tech being a supposedly exciting development, I'd have thought someone would have made a Smart Watch that also stretches out part of your shirt.

PowerButchi

thenoise

I expected snuff, or even that strange tobacco mini-teabag that they use in Scandinavia, to take off after the smoking ban. Never happened as far as I'm aware, the only pub I know that sells snuff behind the bar is resolutely old-fashioned, and not in a trendy way either.

Marner and Me

Loads of people I know use Snus and snuff, one guy who's never smoked in his life uses it. One guy I knew passed out first time using Snus.

monkfromhavana

Dunno how widespread these were but in our school in the 70s, Solatios, ("slates") were the shoes to wear (with your massively wide side-pocket trousers).

thenoise

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 18, 2021, 07:16:13 AM
Loads of people I know use Snus and snuff, one guy who's never smoked in his life uses it. One guy I knew passed out first time using Snus.

Disclaimer:I live in rural Devon, I've no idea what your hipster friends in the big city do.

Marner and Me

Quote from: thenoise on February 18, 2021, 09:59:29 AM
Disclaimer:I live in rural Devon, I've no idea what your hipster friends in the big city do.
These guys are in Devon too lol, I know a few pipe smokers too.

Cuellar

dissolute ocelot

I'm still hoping for codpiece and hose. There seems to be a slight revival of cargo pants this year, but they're all really tight - bring back proper 90s baggy combat trousers, just don't put the entire contents of your house in the pockets.

Most of the items mentioned here have been actively pushed recently. I've definitely seen bootcut jeans advertised, although the cool alternative youth seem to prefer baggy jeans that are all holes. ASOS has been selling men's dungarees for a few years, but I don't think men can be arsed undressing for the toilet.

Apparently yellow and grey are the colours of 2021. Which is not great.

thenoise

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 18, 2021, 11:15:55 AM
These guys are in Devon too lol, I know a few pipe smokers too.

Pipe smoking was a bit of a niche almost cool thing a few tears ago wasnt it? Steam punk if you're feeling generous, chap-hop if you're not.

Marner and Me

I can promise you I don't know any steam punkers.

Steam punk is weird isn't it. Goths, moshers, scallys I can understand. Steam punk, yeah I'm just going to pretend I've invented a steam powered spaceship, don't get it mate