Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:13:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedian who did a parody of Suzanne Vega’s ‘Luka’ about Laika the space dog?

Started by ajsmith2, February 16, 2021, 09:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

I remember reading, prob in around the early 00s a review of a male, probably British comedian who performed a parody of the Suzanne Vega song 'Luka' about Laika the tragic Russian space dog. From my vague memory he was (at least at the time) a club level comedian, maybe had a fringe show but not a household name.

Ever since reading about that parody concept back then I periodically remember it and how potentially amusing/poignant it sounded, and see if I can find it (or even a reference to it) online, but never come up with anything. I was wondering if this rang a bell for anyone and even if anyone could identify which comedian it was who dunnit? (And then hopefully track down a recording of his 'My Name Is Laika'.)

Glitch King

Have you approached his then-peers? Sure they're all up for grabs nowadays.

ajsmith2

Quote from: Hall on February 18, 2021, 04:24:48 AM
About 16 minutes into this:

http://www.mjhibbett.co.uk/totallyacoustic/podcast.php?podcastcode=66

Thanks so much! Irony is I know Hibbett a bit and have appeared on his shows before, so if I was actually a DECENT FRIEND and listened to all his other shows, I wouldn't have been in the dark about this.

Not gonna lie, it was a bit broader than I'd hoped, what with it culminating in a resurrected mutant Laika shiteing all over mankind in retribution for her fate, but good to finally hear for sure.

Gurke and Hare

Man, I miss sitting in a room above a pub wishing Peter Buckley-Hill would hurry up and finish.

mippy

Howard Read did it at the Frog and Bucket in the early 00s, with the line 'No I'm not barking anymore/no I'm not barking anymore'.

There could, of course, be more than one.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: mippy on February 18, 2021, 08:33:47 PM
Howard Read did it at the Frog and Bucket in the early 00s, with the line 'No I'm not barking anymore/no I'm not barking anymore'.