Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil The Greek In Hospital

Started by Huxleys Babkins, February 17, 2021, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on February 18, 2021, 12:50:30 PM
I was watching a documentary about Queen Victoria this morning and she used to take Opium washed down with some kind of booze first thing in the morning, so it's obviously just what they do, and of course tradition is very important to them.

Furlough has ruined you

petril

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on February 18, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
My mum was a involved with a charity which the patron was DoE.
She was invited to a St James Place "garden party"
He was as sleazy and couldn't give a fuck as you could imagined

Also recalling 🤔 passwords.
I worked in a Dublin magazine at the time, when the IRA called and gave everyone 30 minutes to leave the building. The code was "does your mother know?"

the phrase "recognised IRA codeword" was a thing I remember being repeated like a catchphrase in the news a lot.

turns out one of them might have been the name P O'Neill.

we had a P O'Neill at school. taught me maths, was brilliant. probably not him though

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 18, 2021, 01:33:50 PM
You lose "residency" if you live outside the country for 6 months, though you acquire it again instantly when you renter the country as long as you retain British citizenship.

They must think you are outside of the country for some mad reason. Just send them something with proof of UK address and tell them to piss off/cheerfully explain the situation (delete as appropriate).

Already done that several times (rejected a lot because digital) - so much for the digital age being a boon in the pandemic.

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 18, 2021, 07:24:56 PM
the phrase "recognised IRA codeword" was a thing I remember being repeated like a catchphrase in the news a lot.

turns out one of them might have been the name P O'Neill.

we had a P O'Neill at school. taught me maths, was brilliant. probably not him though
And this is why l love the antidotes. They are the real thing for us

NoOffenceLynn

Yeah, he's a gonner.
He has riches that  could have made a difference
But he didn't

idunnosomename

if he wont die ill rip the cunts throat out

pancreas

dissolute ocelot

Just found out that the previous Duke of Edinburgh was Vicky's grandson Alfred, Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who died in mysterious circumstances in 1899. While some sources at the time said he died of consumption or general weakness, according to the later, official family history he shot himself on his parents' 25th wedding anniversary, shortly after entering a secret marriage with a young lady called Mabel. Despite surviving the shooting, he was committed to a sanatorium and died a few days later, aged just 24.

I'm calling it now. He's going to pull through and be completely fine.

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 18, 2021, 07:24:02 PM
Furlough has ruined you

Ironically I only saw it because I was up at 6am TO GO TO WORK and it was on Yesterday channel. The alternative was the news or Mike and Molly. I was still knackered through being unused to getting up then though so am left to understand she ended her life sleeping with a statue of Billy Connolly.

Blue Jam

BlodwynPig

Alberon

Think I posted this the last time he was in hospital, but it don't arf look like 'im.

Blue Jam

Ferris

jobotic

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 11:48:43 PM
*boke*

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyParsonsUK/status/1362499960269332484

Love the "punk is dead" replies.

Mate, it's Tony Parsehole arse licking the establishment, not Steve Ignorant praising Rees-Mogg.

Like being disappointed that dung beetles like shit.

Thomas

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 11:48:43 PM
*boke*

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyParsonsUK/status/1362499960269332484

'No virtue signalling, deals with Netflix or friendships with bent billionaires'.

What would Philip even do on a Netflix show? Tremble?

Blue Jam

I always loved that bit in Peep Show where hipster pseud Zahra says to Mark: "Wow, you sound like an intellectual, like Tony Parsons or something". Oooof.

Ferris

Quote from: Thomas on February 19, 2021, 12:10:22 AM
What would Philip even do on a Netflix show?

"Imagine a cross between Noel's House Party & Telly Addicts - you've just imagined Upstairs Downstairs; a new quiz devised and hosted by Prince Philip."

Attila

I'd like to think that his will is a rude note, like in The Windsors.

(Blue Jam - yep the annual tax thing is a pain in the arse, as is never being able to do anything financially with Mr Attila, like combine incomes to buy a nicer house, because then the IRS would come after him, too. I'll have to renounce American citizenship before I retire, as the IRS will attempt to tax what pittance of a UK pension I am slated to receive. I think it's us and a country in Africa are the only ones that chase ex pats around for income tax like this. So even if you're born in the US and never actually live there, like the PM, you're still obligated to file/pay taxes because you're a citizen).

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Attila on February 19, 2021, 08:07:43 AM
I'd like to think that his will is a rude note, like in The Windsors.

(Blue Jam - yep the annual tax thing is a pain in the arse, as is never being able to do anything financially with Mr Attila, like combine incomes to buy a nicer house, because then the IRS would come after him, too. I'll have to renounce American citizenship before I retire, as the IRS will attempt to tax what pittance of a UK pension I am slated to receive. I think it's us and a country in Africa are the only ones that chase ex pats around for income tax like this. So even if you're born in the US and never actually live there, like the PM, you're still obligated to file/pay taxes because you're a citizen).

I think the Russians do?

NoOffenceLynn

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 10:19:08 PM

Ahhh, this brings back memories.
I was educated in a girls Catholic school an we had a few nicknames for the more hatefull nuns, one of them being Palpatine, the head nun was called Skeletor and Castle Greyskull was her office/torture lair.

Blue Jam

Quote from: NoOffenceLynn on February 19, 2021, 09:42:09 AM
Ahhh, this brings back memories.
I was educated in a girls Catholic school an we had a few nicknames for the more hatefull nuns, one of them being Palpatine, the head nun was called Skeletor and Castle Greyskull was her office/torture lair.

Heheheh. I bet it's all "Aunt Lydia" these days.

Paul Calf