Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil The Greek In Hospital

Started by Huxleys Babkins, February 17, 2021, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Queen's sad and fearful reluctance to hear details when told there's an update on Phil.

Well it's definitely another horrible anus for the Queen, what with this and her frayed frenemyship with Meghan being blown wide open on Oprah.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 11:06:57 AM
The CoD is always in good spirits. Dubonnet, mostly.

I am a bit fascinated by the CoD's habit of a snifter of gin and Dubonnet for breakfast. I like a drink but that's beyond the pale.

I looked up Dubonnet because I had no idea what it was, and the last line from this ad from 1915 really made me chuckle.

BritishHobo

Spurious imitators reading that thinking "the game is really uo now, we can't possibly put a cat on our labels".

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 19, 2021, 12:20:38 PM
I looked up Dubonnet because I had no idea what it was, and the last line from this ad from 1915 really made me chuckle.

How apt.

Dubonnet is a "tonic wine". It's just posh Buckfast.

steve98

Isn't it closer to a Sherry? (But Italian?)

Ferris

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 19, 2021, 12:32:06 PM
Spurious imitators reading that thinking "the game is really up now, we can't possibly put a cat on our labels".

I really liked the instruction for consumers to be as rude as possible to any and all rival businesses. In 1915; it's the equivalent of saying "if you see some FUCKER trying to sell something that looks a bit like ours - throw their gloves in a puddle and call them a CUNT"

Blue Jam

Quote from: steve98 on February 19, 2021, 12:40:53 PM
Isn't it closer to a Sherry? (But Italian?)

No. The Queen is just a massive jakey.

Cuellar

"The Original and Genuine Dubonnet has a CAT in it"

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on February 19, 2021, 12:44:53 PM
"The Original and Genuine Dubonnet has a CAT in it"

"So don't you DARE try and sell me this hooky SHITE, you conniving PRICK"

steve98

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 12:43:37 PM
No. The Queen is just a massive jakey.

Aye. "O Ah luv mah fuckin' swally, so Ah dae", she often says.

Blue Jam

She loves a read of The Racing Post too. I find it a bit rich of people to call the Middletons and the Markles common when the CoD basically behaves like any number of blokes who spend all day at Ladbrokes.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 12:38:09 PM
How apt.

Dubonnet is a "tonic wine". It's just posh Buckfast.
It contains quinine so it'll cure your malaria too.

steve98

When I was young I worked in a posh off-licence in Glasgow, and it was amazing the number of old biddies who bought tonic wine (not Buckfast though, Buckfast was for arabs*, the discerning old biddy chose Sanatogen, "Ah take it for the iron, son: Ah'm deficient".)

*common people.

(I dunno if it's supposed to cure baldness though... worth a shot)

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 19, 2021, 03:38:56 PM
It contains quinine so it'll cure your malaria too.

Thought that was Captain Tom's gin.

We're all paying to keep to keep this state-funded Skeletor alive.

monkfromhavana

He'll be fine after his biennial stay in a hospital so he can feed on the souls of other senile old clots on the way out.

steve98

Quote from: monkfromhavana on February 19, 2021, 05:02:36 PM
He'll be fine after his biennial stay in a hospital so he can feed on the souls of other senile old clots on the way out.

Adrenal glands of tortured children, actually. Do your research.

Blue Jam

Palpatine will remain in good spirits well into the next week:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56131921

Yep, definitely diagnosed with DEAD SOON

JamesTC

So he is in King Edward Hospital? Clearly being sent to the ground with the rest of the potatoes.

Blue Jam

I always liked the little bio of him here, where he has been #1 for the past two years:

https://deathlist.net/

Four 2021 deaths already, that's some good predictin'. These people make us look like bastions of tasteful restraint:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8107-1-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh/?page=91

Blue Jam

Quote from: JamesTC on February 19, 2021, 05:28:04 PM
So he is in King Edward Hospital? Clearly being sent to the ground with the rest of the potatoes.

Yeah, they're the best in the world for treating blight.

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 05:29:53 PM
Yeah, they're the best in the world for treating blight.

That really is the perfect way of describing what he is suffering from.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: steve98 on February 19, 2021, 05:10:54 PM
Adrenal glands of tortured children, actually. Do your research.

Prince Andrew has put the kybosh on that for the moment hasn't he though?

It has to take any form of nutrition it can at the moment to keep itself alive, or at least buy time so it can inhabit a new host.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 19, 2021, 05:29:08 PM
I always liked the little bio of him here, where he has been #1 for the past two years:

https://deathlist.net/

Four 2021 deaths already, that's some good predictin'. These people make us look like bastions of tasteful restraint:

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8107-1-prince-philip-duke-of-edinburgh/?page=91

Captain Tom at number 50 being described as 'a UK COVID-19 Personality'. Lovely.

Butchers Blind

Blue Jam

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 20, 2021, 03:43:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56141128

Not long now.

There's already been a bit of a backlash over ol' Gouty Hands breaking lockdown rules when the plebs aren't allowed to visit their loved ones in hospital. I wonder why an exception has been made here... Yep, diagnosis: DEAD SOON

QuoteA palace source previously said the duke, who is due to turn 100 in June

Not "turns 100 in June", no. He's "due to turn 100 in June". And turns DEAD SOON in February.

George Oscar Bluth II

A state funeral with more than the legally allowed 30 mourners will lift the spirits of the nation I'm sure, particularly those who have had to watch a loved one's funeral via live stream.