Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:52:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil The Greek In Hospital

Started by Huxleys Babkins, February 17, 2021, 02:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: steve98 on February 18, 2021, 10:57:16 AM
But he's still in good spirits.

The CoD is always in good spirits. Dubonnet, mostly.

I am a bit fascinated by the CoD's habit of a snifter of gin and Dubonnet for breakfast. I like a drink but that's beyond the pale.

Paul Calf

Butchers Blind

Every second is agony. #letphilipdie

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Captain Z on February 17, 2021, 08:00:34 PM
Can't believe they haven't given this man a knighthood after everything he has done for this great country.

Please like and share my petition to make him Sir Prince Phillip Of Edinburgh.
He was knighted in 1947, he was Sir Philip Mountbatten before the wedding. They don't let Queenie marry just anyone. But he only got to be a Commander in the Royal Navy, so they could still promote him to Captain Phil.

In lighter news, the Readers Digest brings you 14 Things That Will Happen When Prince Philip Dies. How many can you guess?

The codephrase for his death is "Operation Forth Bridge", but RD claims "Customarily, the public is forewarned that a royal is on his or her deathbed via Palace bulletin, as was the case with Queen Victoria and George V."

Blue Jam

Banter Harry also has a knighthood. I wonder if he'll eventually be stripped of it as a punishment for trying to give his family a pleasant life.

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 18, 2021, 12:10:39 PM
he only got to be a Commander in the Royal Navy

Yeah, but so did James Bond.

If he dies, the Queen might go quickly downhill thereafter.

BritishHobo

Or she could be like Victoria and hang on for about a hundred more years, dressed in all black and hiding in a grief-cupboard

Blue Jam

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 18, 2021, 12:27:26 PM

I don't think the CoD actually likes any members of her family so I doubt it.

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 18, 2021, 12:27:26 PM

She shouldn't be skiing at her age.

Riding Phil's rigor-mortis stiffened corpse downhill like a toboggan.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Attila on February 18, 2021, 07:25:44 AM
And to grow up cursed by the IRS for the rest of his/her life as a consequence. (Why, yes, I'm in the process of putting together my income tax papers for my $0 US income in 2020 that will cost me over $1000 to file with the IRS, so I might be a little grumpy at the moment).

As part of my tortuous on boarding as a civil servant, which is now in its 3rd month, I got an email today saying

"Dear Blodwyn, as you currently do not reside in the UK and we have no footprint of you ever being in the UK, you are required to send the following documentation about your overseas status"

Required documentation include proof of address, employment letter, certificate from police or relevant authorities.

I have been permanent resident in UK since 2010 when I returned from Germany and kept this status for the 2 years I was in Canada. They have my passport.

Probably a admin mistake - but if they push this I will just quit.

Icehaven

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 11:06:57 AM
The CoD is always in good spirits. Dubonnet, mostly.

I am a bit fascinated by the CoD's habit of a snifter of gin and Dubonnet for breakfast. I like a drink but that's beyond the pale.

I was watching a documentary about Queen Victoria this morning and she used to take Opium washed down with some kind of booze first thing in the morning, so it's obviously just what they do, and of course tradition is very important to them.

Blue Jam

Maybe it's acquired poison immunity then. Or lizard DNA.

I think Queen Victoria also used to get her stash of cocaine supplied by Harrods. This was long before Charles's ex-wife was dating the owner's son of course.

Butchers Blind

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56106601

That should be read as 'Prince Philip's remains in London hospital'.

Blue Jam

Who is going to be the next Duke of Edinburgh then? Asking because this affects me, probably. I hope they give it to Tequila Bloke. Loads of our pubs and bars have closed down in the pandemic and I presume he'll know what to do about that.

EDIT: Oh fuck. Just looked it up, it's gonna be Prince Edward. Can't we have someone marginally less pointless please?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 18, 2021, 12:49:20 PM
As part of my tortuous on boarding as a civil servant, which is now in its 3rd month, I got an email today saying

"Dear Blodwyn, as you currently do not reside in the UK and we have no footprint of you ever being in the UK, you are required to send the following documentation about your overseas status"

Required documentation include proof of address, employment letter, certificate from police or relevant authorities.

I have been permanent resident in UK since 2010 when I returned from Germany and kept this status for the 2 years I was in Canada. They have my passport.

Probably a admin mistake - but if they push this I will just quit.

You lose "residency" if you live outside the country for 6 months, though you acquire it again instantly when you renter the country as long as you retain British citizenship.

They must think you are outside of the country for some mad reason. Just send them something with proof of UK address and tell them to piss off/cheerfully explain the situation (delete as appropriate).

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 01:00:53 PM
Who is going to be the next Duke of Edinburgh then? Asking because this affects me, probably. I hope they give it to Tequila Bloke. Loads of our pubs and bars have closed down in the pandemic and I presume he'll know what to do about that.

EDIT: Oh fuck. Just looked it up, it's gonna be Prince Edward. Can't we have someone marginally less pointless please?

I've updated my LinkedIn profile just in case.

Icehaven

Edward's already the Earl of Wessex though isn't he? May as well just make him the Duke of Earl ffs. Seriously though if he did become the new D of E he'd be a Prince, an Earl and a Duke. Never would anyone working three jobs do so little.

Blue Jam

Quote from: icehaven on February 18, 2021, 01:40:14 PM
Never would anyone working three jobs do so little.

I think George Osborne could give him a run for his money.

Mr_Simnock

Wonder what they will do with his UFO book collection if he pops it? I'll have it if no on else will.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 18, 2021, 01:33:50 PM

They must think you are outside of the country for some mad reason. Just send them something with proof of UK address and tell them to piss off/cheerfully explain the situation (delete as appropriate).

Selfie weeing on Sir Admiral Tom's corpse

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 01:00:53 PM

The Pimlico Plumbers guy would be a good choice. Plenty of good common-sense opinions.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on February 18, 2021, 01:56:44 PM
Wonder what they will do with his UFO book collection if he pops it? I'll have it if no on else will.

I'm still waiting to find out what happened to the contents of Willie Thorne's shed.

monkfromhavana

When this gets played on Radio One you know it's time for a celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3ZO0HAZAA

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 18, 2021, 01:57:41 PM
I'm still waiting to find out what happened to the contents of Willie Thorne's shed.

And the glass-walled building beside it which was full of potted greens.

NoOffenceLynn

My mum was a involved with a charity which the patron was DoE.
She was invited to a St James Place "garden party"
He was as sleazy and couldn't give a fuck as you could imagined

Also recalling 🤔 passwords.
I worked in a Dublin magazine at the time, when the IRA called and gave everyone 30 minutes to leave the building. The code was "does your mother know?"

Is he leaving in a box (yeah, yeah)?

petril

Quote from: monkfromhavana on February 18, 2021, 02:01:38 PM
When this gets played on Radio One you know it's time for a celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws3ZO0HAZAA

or more likely this, or Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence or that Kenny G effort