Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,302
  • Total Topics: 106,765
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The New Ron?

Started by DrGreggles, February 17, 2021, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 18, 2021, 08:52:07 PM
Seems fairly self-explanatory to me.  Surely it's referring to the white froth at the top of a glass of shandy and making a comparison with spunk (i.e. you're shaking your hand to produce your own "froth").  The reason it's shandy and not say, beer or any other frothy drink is because hand rhymes with shand(y).

No one calls the froth on shandy "shandy", though. It's froth.

Have you ever heard a conversation that went:

"What's that white stuff on top of your drink?"

"Shandy."

"Yeah, I know you're drinking shandy, but what's the white stuff on top of the shandy?"

"Shandy."

Well, have you? Have you ever heard that? You haven't. You haven't heard that. Know why you haven't heard it? Because no one calls the froth on shandy "shandy".

St_Eddie

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 18, 2021, 09:06:57 PM
No one calls the froth on shandy "shandy", though. It's froth.

Have you ever heard a conversation that went:

"What's that white stuff on top of your drink?"

"Shandy."

"Yeah, I know you're drinking shandy, but what's the white stuff on top of the shandy?"

"Shandy."

Well, have you? Have you ever heard that? You haven't. You haven't heard that. Know why you haven't heard it? Because no one calls the froth on shandy "shandy".

Well, it's not like I invented the phrase.  Besides, I think that it's more that one is producing a liquid.  The white froth is likely a big part of it though.  To be honest, I think you're reading far too much into it.  You'll be questioning the internal logic of "spanking the monkey" and "bashing the bishop" next.  They're all just silly ways of avoiding having to say the blunt and rather dour "masturbating to achieve ejaculation".

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

The guy behind Cryer was particular about the position he did it in.

Thought that was The Old Ron on that telly for a minute.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 18, 2021, 09:15:22 PM
Well, it's not like I invented the phrase.  Besides, I think that it's more that one is producing a liquid.  The white froth is likely a big part of it though.  To be honest, I think you're reading far too much into it.  You'll be questioning the internal logic of "spanking the monkey" and "bashing the bishop" next.  They're all just silly ways of avoiding having to say the blunt and rather dour "masturbating to achieve ejaculation".
Wow according to Oxford Dictionaries, pervy sci-fi writer Brian Aldiss was the first person to use the expression "hand shandy". All bets are off as to its origin, it's probably aliens whose cum tastes like sweet Carling.

Ptolemy Ptarmigan

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 18, 2021, 09:35:42 PM
Wow according to Oxford Dictionaries, pervy sci-fi writer Brian Aldiss was the first person to use the expression "hand shandy". All bets are off as to its origin, it's probably aliens whose cum tastes like sweet Carling.

It's from the autobiographical novel A Soldier Erect, based on his WW2 service in Burma. Quite possibly a phrase coined by one of his army pals.

flotemysost

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on February 18, 2021, 01:32:14 PM
Reckon we can add 'Doing a Ron, Ron Ron' to the long list of euphemisms for having a palm shandy.

Don't seem to be many for the Laydeez though. Best I ever heard was 'doing the Kit-Kat shuffle' adding this was available with two fingers or four.

Borlotti frotti?

I've never heard "palm shandy" (as opposed to "hand shandy"), sounds like a kitsch Seventies cocktail served in a tiki mug.

Asti spumante is surely the most ejaculatory-sounding drink of all.

I mean, look at it

Birdie

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 18, 2021, 08:38:05 PM
If so, why not just let me be sick in my fucking mouth?

Or in someone else's mouth for that matter; good money in that.

imitationleather

I'm afraid I simply don't trust someone who can come up with an anagram that good.

Burn him!

seepage

All Italian sparkling wines are spumante by the time I've etc...

I thought hand shandy was a reference to it being a 'watered down' version of
Spoiler alert
full
[close]
sex
Spoiler alert
with a woman
[close]
, in the same way that shandy is a weaker version of beer.

Paul Calf

Yeah, me too. I thought it was a reference to going home alone from the pub/club for a Pot Noodle and a wank rather than doing it on a lady like all the Finchies would be.

Retinend

shandy is frothy, and you froth things up by shaking them vigorously

NEXT

Paul Calf

Lager is frothy and you don't call it a hand-lager.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Readers of a certain age will observe that you also don't call it a hand- Cresta.

If you lie on your arm until it goes numb before having a Pot Noodle it feels like someone else is eating it.

greenman

Somebody told me that his name was Bill

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on February 19, 2021, 09:32:18 AM

Always though Cresta Bear was one cool dude... turns out he's an onanist?

BTW seems the bear was based on Jack Nicholson's character in Easy Rider at least according to the comments on this old advert... https://youtu.be/thxAqdxGSPU   

Not sure I wanna risk calling Jack a tosser.

BTW(2) loving the change of Avatar Voltan, now Slade are the very definition of cool.

thenoise

Willies dont get frothy, fannies get frothy. Willies just shoot silly string.

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on February 19, 2021, 10:18:05 AM

BTW(2) loving the change of Avatar Voltan, now Slade are the very definition of cool.

Cheers TTT. I modelled my look on Noddy in the 70s and I've found no reason to change in the intervening forty-plus years.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Retinend on February 19, 2021, 08:48:05 AM
shandy is frothy, and you froth things up by shaking them vigorously

NEXT

Exactly.  As I mentioned on the previous page.  Much like one's own cock, it ought not to be a difficult concept to grasp.

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 19, 2021, 08:53:40 AM

I already addressed this; lager doesn't rhyme with hand, shand(y) does.

Marner and Me

Quote from: thenoise on February 19, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
Willies dont get frothy, fannies get frothy. Willies just shoot silly string.
Mine doesn't, I'll get a nurse to look at it

Cuellar

What website was this Ron 2.0 story on?

Dex Sawash

Retinend

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 19, 2021, 08:53:40 AM

invalid argument, shandy is lemonade (frothy) mixed with lager (frothy, so doublely frothy) AND it rhymes with "hand", sorta

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on February 19, 2021, 10:18:05 AM
Always though Cresta Bear was one cool dude... turns out he's an onanist?

They're not mutually exclusive. And I should know!

BlodwynPig

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 19, 2021, 03:46:10 PM
Mine doesn't, I'll get a nurse to look at it

She'll have to be a really sexy nurse, though.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 19, 2021, 08:07:22 PM
She'll have to be a really sexy nurse, though.

Is there any other kind?