Author Topic: Greg Davies Cleans Up  (Read 720 times)

Tony Tony Tony

• Bang... and the dirt is gone
Greg Davies Cleans Up
« on: February 18, 2021, 04:31:31 PM »
Apologies if I missed this being mentioned in another thread, however Steve Wright gave it a shout during his show today.

It seems Greg Davies has written, and will star in, a new upcoming comedy about a Crime Scene Cleaner which is set to also feature Helena Bonham-Carter and David Mitchell. More into here ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/the-cleaner   

Anything featuring Davies and Mitchell has gotta be good, though not sure about HB-C?

Tony Tony Tony

• Bang... and the dirt is gone
Re: Greg Davies Cleans Up
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 04:36:18 PM »
A bit more Googling reveals...

The cast also includes David Mitchell (“Upstart Crow”), Stephanie Cole (“Still Open All Hours”), Donald Sumpter (“Game Of Thrones”), Shobu Kapoor (“Four Weddings And A Funeral”), Ruth Madeley (“Years And Years”), Layton Williams (“Everybody’s Talking About Jamie” musical), Zita Sattar (“Casualty”), Georgie Glen (“The Crown”), Bill Skinner (“Ted Lasso”) and Esmonde Cole (“Still So Awkward”).

MojoJojo

• Between a cow college and a MetaLab.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 04:38:20 PM »
I've not got on with Greg Davies' previous sitcoms.

It's also based on a long running successful german sitcom.

up_the_hampipe

• Crowd appeaser
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 04:49:09 PM »
I loved Man Down, but I have doubts this'll be as silly. Still, could be good though.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 05:02:53 PM »
Yeah doesn't sound like a setup that would support many Milky Sues. It's still Greg Davies though, so I have high hopes.

Fambo Number Mive

• Golden Member
  • MAKE ROOM FOR THE MUSHROOMS
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
Looking forward to this.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 05:11:48 PM »
Does he solve crimes at the same time? The combination of Germany and horribly dismembered corpses does seem to suggest lols aplenty. But Davies is usually good to great, and I can imagine him picking up a bloody hand and pulling a face. Pulling a face off the filing cabinet in which it has been brutally smashed. Ditto, basically.

Tags: