Author Topic: MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT  (Read 1384 times)

Re: MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAT
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2021, 12:06:26 AM »
Wow, the CG'd Goro looks shiiiiiiiiit. That can't be the final version they're going with can it? It's Scorpion King level.

madhair60

• わたしは価値がないと感じます
  • Golden Member
  • ほっといてくれ
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2021, 12:11:32 AM »
Why not just watch a good film with tons of gore though?  Such as Peter Jackson's Braindead.  That way you get amazing practical gore effects by the bucket load and a tight, entertaining script with engaging characters and dialogue.  Really can't see what's to be gained by watching a shitty adaptation of a fighting game with crap CG blood that's been added in post-production.

I've already seen Brain Dead!

I don't think anyone thinks this is gonna be as good as that but for me as a fan of daft shite and particularly of Mortal Kombat this is a bit of a must-see

bgmnts

• Depressed to the point of poisonous toxicity.
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 12:17:03 AM »
Wow, the CG'd Goro looks shiiiiiiiiit. That can't be the final version they're going with can it? It's Scorpion King level.

No joke, the crap 1995 effort looks better.

Blumf

• Not long now
    • IGNORE ME!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2021, 01:35:49 AM »
When's Hollywood going to make a Ninja Hamster film, eh!?

Also, no Christopher Lambert being Christopher Lambert, and no Musetta Vander chewing the scenery. This film can get to fuck.

Butchers Blind

• Adios pantaloons!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2021, 12:18:55 PM »
Still waiting on a Jet Set Willy film.

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2021, 02:52:36 PM »
Love the first film, wouldn't change a thing about it. This looks a lot more serious and bound to suffer comparison on that basis, much as I try to resist it.

Mister Six

• Golden Member
  • Ridiculously teacakes
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2021, 05:18:49 PM »
Wow, the CG'd Goro looks shiiiiiiiiit. That can't be the final version they're going with can it?

Probably not. These trailers often use pre-finalised renders, before fancy lighting and effects have been added. See also: the first Jurassic World trailer (or possibly teaser, I forget) which had terrible, fake-looking CGI gates.

Anyway, the film looks annoyingly po-faced, but I liked it when Sub-Zero turned that blood spurt into an ice-pick dagger. If the violence is creative and fun, it might be semi-watchable, although as mentioned above, it'll probably be best to just wait till all the fights are on YouTube and watch them individually without any of that plot nonsense getting in the way.

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »
Still waiting on a Jet Set Willy film.

The technology just isn't there yet.

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2021, 09:16:11 PM »
Looks like a film that's too po-faced to be entertaining, but you'll love watching the fights on youtube.

Yeah I'll just watch the fights in 4 years time, with Evanescence - Bring Me To Life slapped over the top.

Famous Mortimer

• War - it's fantastic!
    • International Syndicate of Cult Film Critics
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2021, 01:58:04 AM »
Love the first film, wouldn't change a thing about it. This looks a lot more serious and bound to suffer comparison on that basis, much as I try to resist it.
Agreed. The sequel is kinda fun too.

Anyone remember the TV series? Where they knew they were getting cancelled, so the bad guys won and enslaved humanity? That was a heck of an ending.

I also watched most of the web series, "Legacy". It looked good, and the fights were decent, but it had a bad case of blue balls in that it kept not being about the actual tournament but was all buildup (it may have got to the point a bit after I stopped watching, but I'd stopped caring by then).

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:29 AM »
Wasn't Legacy designed as a primer for a film that was never made? Or is THIS that film?

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:53 AM »
Wasn't there another short before the web series that was made as a showreel for what the guy could do for a film which led to the web series?

Magnum Valentino

• Formerly magval
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2021, 11:54:37 AM »
Yeah, it was the best of the lot to be honest.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2021, 03:56:56 PM »
The cartoon version, for children, was pointless and pleased exactly zero people.

AsparagusTrevor

• I'm fine, thank you.
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2021, 04:01:47 PM »
The animated WB film from last year, Scorpion's Revenge, was pretty decent and authentically gory too.

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 06:31:35 PM »
The cartoon version, for children, was pointless and pleased exactly zero people.

I have two DVDs of it and haven't watched either of them.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 09:29:45 PM »
Not being funny but without the "TEST YOUR MIGHT" song then there's no point in this existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Just fucking listen to that. How can you not want to rip off someone's head with your bare hands after listening to that?

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2021, 09:31:28 PM »
Ahhh someone has already fixed the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7ju8iqF9Y

Now that's a film I'd see. Will miss it in the cinema and wait until someone has edited the film to play the GOAT song during every fight scene.

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2021, 09:42:10 PM »
Just fucking listen to that. How can you not want to rip off someone's head with your bare hands after listening to that?
That applies just as much to the music of Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, etc.

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2021, 01:22:19 AM »
lol the teases of the techno theme. they should've just played some notes on a piano

Ahhh someone has already fixed the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl7ju8iqF9Y

Now that's a film I'd see. Will miss it in the cinema and wait until someone has edited the film to play the GOAT song during every fight scene.

edit oh whoops. looks way better with the full TEST YOUR MIGHT

they also are clearly appealing to nostalgia with the voiceover of the character names from that

St_Eddie

• St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2021, 02:21:39 AM »
Probably not. These trailers often use pre-finalised renders, before fancy lighting and effects have been added. See also: the first Jurassic World trailer (or possibly teaser, I forget) which had terrible, fake-looking CGI gates.

Yes, I'm sure the final version will look amazing.

*cough*

I have two DVDs of it and haven't watched either of them.

A couple of nice additions to your tea coaster collection.

St_Eddie

• St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2021, 03:16:24 AM »
Not being funny but without the "TEST YOUR MIGHT" song then there's no point in this existing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

Binman Vs Sub-Zero.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:29:15 AM by St_Eddie »

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2021, 03:04:33 PM »
Binman Vs Sub-Zero.
Without the theme, it's just a bloke kicking a snowman.

With the theme, an epic battle for the ages.

Tags: