Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Jeff

Started by sardines, February 18, 2021, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

It's definitely other people that have built this myth around him.

He's definitely very noticeable, I remember being at a gig about 15 years ago at the Anson Rooms in Bristol and noticing a big fella with a mass of ginger hair going pretty wild at the front. Then years later 6music started mentioning him all the time and I realised it must have been him.

I know this thread is being ironic in a nasty way but it seems unfairly targeted...As someone else has mentioned I think he's said a few times publicly he's quite uncomfortable with a lot of the attention he receives.

I also think there's an uncomfortable element of people going "Awww look, people that aren't neurotypical are capable of having a good time after all!" Which never quite sat easily with me.

Anyway yeah, hope he dies lol

Gregory Torso

absolutely no fukin idea whats going on in this thread but it did make me think of the ween song 'big jilm' alright nice one catch you later yeah

the

Quote from: iamcoop on February 20, 2021, 11:22:46 AMI know this thread is being ironic in a nasty way but it seems unfairly targeted...As someone else has mentioned I think he's said a few times publicly he's quite uncomfortable with a lot of the attention he receives.

I also think there's an uncomfortable element of people going "Awww look, people that aren't neurotypical are capable of having a good time after all!" Which never quite sat easily with me.

Anyway yeah, hope he dies lol

Maybe it's been a bit oblique, but it's very definitely The Legend Of Big Jeff (propelled by other people, as has been mentioned 200 times now) that has been slagged off here, not the human being. So you can stop colouring it in as Actually A Morally Serious Attack On A Vulnerable Person now.

sweeper

That's right, mate. If the joke fucks up, you double down.

Love this.

ProvanFan

The Mollusk

Quote from: sweeper on February 20, 2021, 05:42:34 PM
That's right, mate. If the joke fucks up, you double down.

Love this.

More just a case of being a tit for my own amusement in the face of tedium, I'm not trying to impress anyone. Sorry to disappoint if you thought this was my best material.

sweeper

Your main disappointment might be that I wasn't addressing you.

Appreciate that that particular top spot might be seeing some significant competition.

The Mollusk

I can't help that I'm a narcissist and this thread is all I've got going on in my free time right now.

Goldentony

hang about we cant be arguing about whether bristol is or isnt full of total gobshites because it is

Goldentony

I mean nice place everything up hills loads of clocks some of the worst music of all time, nice people, the best, but gobshites

Pink Gregory

I pretend not to be one of them, but I go to markets and buy the expensive peanut butter and have a turquoise feature wall so in reality I am one.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I like the tower and the big bridge

ProvanFan

A photo from my one trip to Bristol

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Epic Bisto

He's a nice fella and for the last few years he has been paying to get into gigs (most of the time), but the whole 'legend mate' thing built around him is embarassing and mainly rolled out by first year uni types.  If he was really that much of a cunt he would be riding on this infamy, but as someone pointed out above he seems to be mortified by this sort of canonisation.

Also, Bristol may or may not be full of cunts but I'm a hermit so I think I've managed to avoid them.  The last three shows I went to here were The Nightingales, Saint Vitus and Terry Riley and I didn't see him at these, but to be fair a Riley performance doesn't really lend itself to pogoing and whooping it up.