Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:47:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

President Senile Piece of Shit John Biden

Started by chveik, February 19, 2021, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

The Ombudsman

I wonder what he's been told since gaining office. Or if he really never gave a shit.

C_Larence

I pretty much completely checked out of following American politics in December. It's too depressing that Biden was chosen as the "cure against Trumpism". The other day I googled Bernie just to see what was happening, and the first thing that came up was Neera Tanden's confirmation hearing and I felt such a seething anger that I decided I was done for good.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some people couldn't bear to stare at the true ugliness of what America is, as Trump pushed it towards the surface to an uncomfortable degree.

You wonder what share of the Democratic vote is simply a wish for that ugliness to be concealed rather than actually corrected.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 19, 2021, 06:15:36 PM
Some people couldn't bear to stare at the true ugliness of what America is, as Trump pushed it towards the surface to an uncomfortable degree.

You wonder what share of the Democratic vote is simply a wish for that ugliness to be concealed rather than actually corrected.
Pretty much all of them

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 19, 2021, 06:21:45 PM
Pretty much all of them

I wouldn't have thought most destitute black people or 1st + 2nd generation immigrants would be among that contingent.

idunnosomename

i keep forgetting he's president now

and so does he lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conservative politician governs like a conservative.

Unlike Trump though, he won't revel in it.  He might even make a sad face.  Which is what liberalism is, ultimately.  Making sad faces about unnecessary decisions with heinous consequences.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on February 19, 2021, 08:58:23 PM
Conservative politician governs like a conservative.

Unlike Trump though, he won't revel in it.  He might even make a sad face.  Which is what liberalism is, ultimately.  Making sad faces about unnecessary decisions with heinous consequences.

I thought Matt Christman from Chapo put it pretty well in one of his recent streams: for conservatives, the cruelty is the point; for liberals, the cruelty is an unfortunate side-effect.

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on February 19, 2021, 09:05:43 PM
I thought Matt Christman from Chapo put it pretty well in one of his recent streams: for conservatives, the cruelty is the point; for liberals, the cruelty is an unfortunate side-effect.

Yes, that's better than I put it.  I really do think that's the case - it's them telling themselves that it's a horrible thing that couldn't be helped, therefore they're good people because they aren't overt bigots.  It was really apparent during the 2010-15 coalition govt, when Clegg and co. would make a frowny face when upping tuition fees or voting for the bedroom tax. 

C_Larence

Quote from: C_Larence on February 19, 2021, 04:54:02 PM
I pretty much completely checked out of following American politics in December. It's too depressing that Biden was chosen as the "cure against Trumpism". The other day I googled Bernie just to see what was happening, and the first thing that came up was Neera Tanden's confirmation hearing and I felt such a seething anger that I decided I was done for good.

Unfortunately I saw this on instagram and now I am angry again.
www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/02/18/biden-governors-minimum-wage-469898

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on February 19, 2021, 09:05:43 PM

They see evil as a necessary evil to fight evil.

idunnosomename

imagine if he dies and grinning idiot girlboss becomes president. terrible

rjd2

Manchin possibly voting no on Tanden is hilarious and correct even if its for totally stupid reasons. I don't care about what she called Cruz on twitter ffs.

The scandal is how so many other Dems are content to vote her through regardless of how awful she has been.

LOL.

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1362886993030578182

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1362563809810939910

pcsjwgm

From the Assange trial and War 2021 threads:

Quote from: pcsjwgm on February 13, 2021, 12:53:45 AM
Biden administration scumbags continue to pursue Assange.

The administration of US President Joe Biden has appealed a British judge's ruling against the extradition of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, a Justice Department official said Friday.

The appeal made clear Biden's intention to have Assange stand trial on espionage and hacking-related charges over WikiLeaks' publication of hundreds of thousands of US military and diplomatic documents beginning in 2009.

The Justice Department had until Friday to file an appeal of Judge Vanessa Baraitser's January 4 ruling that Assange suffered mental health problems that would raise the risk of suicide if he were sent to the United States for trial.

"Yes, we filed an appeal and we are continuing to pursue extradition," Justice Department spokesman Marc Raimondi told AFP.
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210212-biden-administration-files-appeal-for-assange-extradition

Quote from: pcsjwgm on February 17, 2021, 08:37:54 AM
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/538526-bidens-move-on-yemen-sparks-new-questions

In Biden's first visit to the State Department, he announced he would end U.S. support for a Saudi-led military coalition's offensive operations against Yemen's Houthi rebels, who the United States says receive weapons and other support from Iran. Biden also named as his special envoy to Yemen veteran diplomat Timothy Lenderking, who traveled to Saudi Arabia this past week to begin his push to end the war.

Biden's announcement was seen as a major victory by advocates who have long fought to end U.S. support for the war amid thousands of civilian casualties blamed on the Saudi-led coalition.

But...

... questions are now being raised about what will actually change.

The Pentagon has said it halted intelligence sharing related to offensive operations, but that it is also reviewing how best to implement the new policy. The Biden administration has also pointed to its suspension of two precision-guided bomb sales to Saudi Arabia approved late in the Trump administration.

But the administration has also made clear it will continue defending Saudi Arabia from attacks, including after one this past week at an airport near the kingdom's border with Yemen that singed a civilian plane. And the Pentagon has previously characterized U.S. military support for Saudi Arabia, including intelligence sharing, as largely defensive.

The question at hand now is what the administration will consider offensive support versus defensive.

idunnosomename

lmao the oval pawffice twitter got heckin suspended

I guess it wasnt official after all

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Whatever it is, it needs sinking into oblivion. Wipe it off the map.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 20, 2021, 11:26:02 AM

How many fireplaces has this humble man got!?

steve98

What an unappealing dog (as is the other one). Puts me in mind of ex-Strongman Geoff Capes OBE: plain, boring, charmless and irrelevant (Probably smelly too)

steve98

Biden should offer to adopt Snowflake (Cruz's abandoned poodle) - "Adopt" Snowflake? Hell yeah! In a minute, poor little thing, locked up in the freezin' cold like that. Hell yeah.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 19, 2021, 07:00:32 PM
I wouldn't have thought most destitute black people or 1st + 2nd generation immigrants would be among that contingent.

They believe in the "American dream" as much as anyone, in spite of everything. And there are plenty of immigrants (in America and I imagine pretty much everywhere) who are in favour of keeping more immigrants out.

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 20, 2021, 11:26:02 AM

That pair of images suggests that Ol' Joe threw the dog into the fire.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on February 20, 2021, 02:41:14 PM
They believe in the "American dream" as much as anyone, in spite of everything. And there are plenty of immigrants (in America and I imagine pretty much everywhere) who are in favour of keeping more immigrants out.

Absolutely.

chveik

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on February 20, 2021, 06:59:41 PM

that'd be the only thing that could turn the libs against him

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on February 20, 2021, 06:59:41 PM

It's two different fireplaces. "Now where is that pesky hound"

lazyhour

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on February 20, 2021, 02:41:14 PM

Yep. As I understand it, Trump's 'macho' bullshit appealed hugely to male Latinos. He got a shockingly high share of the US Latino vote.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: lazyhour on February 20, 2021, 07:25:39 PM
Yep. As I understand it, Trump's 'macho' bullshit appealed hugely to male Latinos. He got a shockingly high share of the US Latino vote.

every cubano in Florida gave the orange man their vote

old senile cunt dead yet?