Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

President Senile Piece of Shit John Biden

Started by chveik, February 19, 2021, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwho9

Quote from: ajsmith2 on March 20, 2021, 07:41:50 AM
A textbook example of 'not a good look': Biden's wee body stumbles 3 times on way up stairs to plane:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-56462824

Sometimes I cant help seeing him as just some senile 101 year old who somehow managed to acquire the presidency by accident and has no idea where he is.

pigamus

imitationleather

To be fair, those stairs are a bit of a nightmare. So steep!

idunnosomename

Should send that into Freepost: You've Been Framed for £200

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The decrepit placeholder-in-chief is surely DEAD SOON

ajsmith2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 20, 2021, 12:40:45 PM
The decrepit placeholder-in-chief is surely DEAD SOON

Kept thinking Trump was gonna die and he never did. I reckon Bidens good for 2 terms.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

its his own fault insisting on jogging everywhere to show how fit and young he is, even up a flight of stairs

peanutbutter

Biden's corpse has a better chance in 2024 than Kamala. I'm kind of looking forward to the DNC telling him to step aside and him refusing tbh.
Could even see his personal popularity go upward while the democrats as a whole collapse purely because he comes across as so senile and disconnected from it all.

Fambo Number Mive

Can't the US military make Biden some Techno-Trousers?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BBCBiden's corpse due to meet The Duke of Windsor's corpse later in the year

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

chveik

Fambo Number Mive

Jonathan Freedland calls Biden a "transforming radical" and claims he has a lesson for left parties:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/26/joe-biden-left-parties-power-radical-winning

QuoteWhat is the basis for such talk? The foundation stone is the $1.9tn Covid relief package Biden signed into law a fortnight ago, which has seen $1,400 payments land in the bank accounts of more than 100 million Americans. But this is about far more than a short-term stimulus effort. One estimate calculates that the move will, at a stroke, cut child poverty by half. The poorest 20% of families will see their income rise by 20%. The law expands subsidies for healthcare and introduces something akin to child benefit. It directs $4bn to black farmers, in what some have hailed as a first step towards reparations for slavery. If past is prologue, such measures once given are near impossible to take away. Not for nothing does the conservative columnist David Brooks call Biden's Covid relief law "one of the most important pieces of legislation of our lifetimes".

This is why Biden's invocation of a paradigm shift might not be overblown. He is overturning four decades of hostility to big government, replacing it with an expectation that if citizens are living economically precarious lives, if inequality is rampant, then it's the job of the state to step in. In the 2008 presidential campaign, Republicans lambasted Biden and Barack Obama for wanting to "spread the wealth around". Now, under Biden, the US government is engaged in a massive wealth redistribution programme – and the polls show Americans, including Republican voters, warmly approve...

This is the first lesson that Biden is teaching would-be reformers. If you want to be radical in office, first reassure in opposition. If your goal is to win power, then in societies where people tend to be small-c conservative, your initial task is to persuade them that they have nothing to fear from you – that your concerns are their concerns. Remember Biden's campaign: no gestures, no striking of radical poses, no indulgence of either. He was not campaigning to be a Twitter darling, nor to be president of the student union. He wanted to be president of the United States.

And that's the second key lesson from Biden, one as old as politics. The true radical is not the fiery deliverer of revolutionary speeches or writer of maximalist manifestos. The true radical is the one who wins power and uses it for good. Biden has achieved more in two months than those who like to trumpet their radicalism manage in a lifetime. And he's done it because he understands something that eludes so many. He understands that the greatest hope is power...

Is Freedland blaming people on the left for not having the power that Biden has? It seems silly comparing the achievements of the average activist to the President of the United State of America. I see Freeland doesn't mention the Haiti deportations.

idunnosomename

Feel like pure shit just wanna stick Jonathan Freedlands head down a toilet

BlodwynPig

The Greatest Hope is Power

I give up. I will kill.

jobotic

QuoteThe true radical is not the fiery deliverer of revolutionary speeches or writer of maximalist manifestos. The true radical is the one who wins power and uses it for good. Biden has achieved more in two months than those who like to trumpet their radicalism manage in a lifetime

He's talking about Keith isn't he? He thinks Keith is going to "win power".

I suppose he has already. like Freedland, in that they're both part of the club that run things.

pcsjwgm

Biden needs a pandemic to be (temporarily) "radical", and even then he's broken his promise of $2000 cheques and backed off from a $15 minimum wage. He's reversing a lot of the unbelievable amounts of damage that the pandemic and Trump have inflicted - which is certainly positive - but he probably won't leave the country in a better state than it was when Obama was president.

Biden's presidency will be characterised by the smallest of steps in the right direction*, falling far short of what is actually necessary, and yet those miniscule steps will be hailed by "left-leaning" centrist propagandists as radical change.

* Of course, this ignores Biden somehow being worse than Trump on immigration, which is actually impressive in a way.

BlodwynPig

Their carving a sixth face in Mount Rushmore as we speak.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

druss

It is very funny that Trump lost to this man.

Quote from: druss on March 29, 2021, 10:31:54 PM
It is very funny that Trump lost to this man.

But also very funny that this man almost lost to Trump.

The eternal paradox of American "democracy"

dredd

Would love to see this fucker take on the travelator.

Captain Z

Joe Bite-n (again)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56585168

Might be time for him to go and live on a farm. (Joe or the dog?)
(Hi HIGNFY writers, I have good rates)

Paul Calf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 20, 2021, 03:19:14 PM
Can't the US military make Biden some Techno-Trousers?

Nah, he'd just forget and put the wrong ones on.

Old Nehamkin

Well that sure did turn out to be the most important election of our lifetime.

Egyptian Feast

They're going to keep the oil flowing through the Dakota Access Pipeline too. Cheers Joe!

idunnosomename

These new bits of wall will be more polite and statesmanlike though.