Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Which one from RLM would you most like to go with the cinema with?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 21, 2021, 06:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Natnar on February 23, 2021, 12:18:29 PM
Are any of them married?
almost certain Rich Evans got married last couple of years. not some dumb joke, just when they had the Previous Recorded streaming in RLM HQ, Rich and Jack were more sharey about their personal life than anyone else in the gang. one reason why they stopped it because they just got the same dumb questions all the time

buzby

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 23, 2021, 12:55:37 PM
almost certain Rich Evans got married last couple of years. not some dumb joke, just when they had the Previous Recorded streaming in RLM HQ, Rich and Jack were more sharey about their personal life than anyone else in the gang. one reason why they stopped it because they just got the same dumb questions all the time
Yeah, I think Rich got married to Karin a couple of years ago (they got engaged in 2013). She used to pop up on Pre-Rec streams occasionally too. Jack is also married with I think 3 kids.

greenman

Quote from: willbo on February 23, 2021, 12:00:59 PM
I like Mike a lot. I find his whole manner and voice kind of soothing. The others are ok I guess. I kind of feel like Jay is one of those "tricky" people. The twinkle in his eye. I can imagine him trying to annoy you for fun or "catch you out" or something. Rich seems sweet I suppose. I never even noticed till now that they rarely have female guests, but I guess there is an old fashioned "guys watch movies while their wives are away" feel to it.

Mike's persona really always seemed like the main appeal of RLM to me, a kind of goofier Youtube commentator Woody Allen like exasperation with the world and I think Rich Evans really plays into that best in things like the Picard reviews.

I think one of its main strengths as well is that it avoids becoming too laddish dispite the male dominance.

Fambo Number Mive

This is true, none of them come across as Garys which makes it feel a bit less of a sausage fest.

Dex Sawash

willbo

Quote from: Natnar on February 23, 2021, 12:18:29 PM
Are any of them married?

I know Mike has a long term partner, I saw them at a video of a premiere or something

The Bumlord

kidney

Of the main lads, Jay, but if we're allowed to pick one of the special guests, I'd go with Canadian Colin.

Kelvin

Probably none of them. Josh and Colin seem like nice guys, albeit much less entertaining company than the others. Rich, Jack, and to a lesser extent, Mike, seem like they're so cynical they'd suck the joy out of everything with enough time. Everything's been done before. Every pleasure gets distilled to it's basest motives.

Jay seems much more of an enthusiast, and seems to take more genuine joy from things, but for reasons I cant put my finger on, I've always assumed he's a bit passive aggresive. Probably completely unfounded, though. So maybe Jay. He's certainly the one I'd most like to talk about a film with.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

Quote from: willbo on February 23, 2021, 12:00:59 PM
I kind of feel like Jay is one of those "tricky" people. The twinkle in his eye. I can imagine him trying to annoy you for fun or "catch you out" or something.

I get this impression, too. Jay always seems to just about have the lid on some barely contained contempt.