Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joris Bohnson's Great Unlocking

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, February 22, 2021, 08:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Oscar Bluth II

It genuinely did make me laugh the other day when Johnson was doing his announcement and the text on screen was something like "PM announces: zoos to open". What a bizarre world we're in where zoos opening requires Prime Ministerial authority.

BlodwynPig

jobotic

I think i last had a pint at breakfast time during the World Cup that was in Japan, whenever that was. Grim.

How come all the shops are open but no one is at work?

Uncle TechTip

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 12, 2021, 10:52:12 AM
Alkies, shopaholics and the most pissed-off rhino you've ever seen. Utter deso.

"Sense of" is the worst phrase of the 21st century. I always here Nick Witchell's voice when I read this.

Sense of celebration - what does that mean?

Norton Canes

Depends which sense, I suppose. Smell?

frajer

I love the smell of few chekkies in the morning. It smells like desol celebration.

phes

QuoteIn Sheffield City Centre the shoppers are out in force...Debenhams department store has temporarily reopened for a closing-down sale.

DEBO

Pinball

A good illustration of how pointless much of our economy is.

BlodwynPig

frajer

80% off!!! (your total lung capacity)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Boris Johnson: 'Please be sensible, we will not hesi.. Oh yeah same as the last 8 times'

Don't blame the sheeple who need their sportswear, blame the government for failing in their messaging, failing to build trust and failing to dictate duty of care to businesses so such scenes can be prevented.

Chedney Honks

Can't we blame both? I have a lot to go around.

GoblinAhFuckScary

A few times now the Primark near me has had a quarter mile long queue on reopening and it seems each time there's a gaggle of gawping middle class fuckers snapping videos for their shitey smug instagram feeds. It is bad that these are going to wind-up covid hotspots yes, but the naked classism on display is always so predictable.[nb]in general not this thread[/nb]

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 13, 2021, 09:13:12 AM
Boris Johnson: 'Please be sensible, we will not hesi.. Oh yeah same as the last 8 times'

Don't blame the sheeple who need their sportswear, blame the government for failing in their messaging, failing to build trust and failing to dictate duty of care to businesses so such scenes can be prevented.

You're giving too much leeway to the sheeple, denying them the courtesy of independent thought and responsibility for their actions. Don't blame the litterer, Government's austerity programme means less bins. Its not a fulsome argument, Shoulders. Although I agree 'the blame game' is not the way to address the issue.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 13, 2021, 12:50:15 PM
You're giving too much leeway to the sheeple, denying them the courtesy of independent thought and responsibility for their actions. Don't blame the litterer, Government's austerity programme means less bins. Its not a fulsome argument, Shoulders. Although I agree 'the blame game' is not the way to address the issue.

This is an exceptional event though where suddenly an entire country is being suddenly granted permission for specific activities, if they so wish. There are no precedents, only people taking cues from those around them. Rather than littering where you are taught from a small child it is the behaviour of a cunt and it is reinforced over and over at school and in the environment around you. In terms of the emphasis of blame, it is crowd management for the former, individual agency for the latter.

There is an enormous responsibility on the government to send the right message when something affecting everyone's freedom is about to occur... Unfortunately every time they underestimate what the public will do.

mothman

Today I took the kids[nb]They're 11 and 16 so the days of my referring to them as "the kids" are coming to an end. "The girls" will do for now, I guess. Eventually "my/our daughters," probably.[/nb] out to lunch! Went to Slim Chickens (my eldest's current obsession) and sat outside and ate. Afterwards we went to the park and had ice cream[nb]Losds of people out and about. Third wave soon?[/nb]. Normally that wouldn't be anything to write home about, not for the one big outing we've had in the Easter holidays, but after the year we've just had...

olliebean

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 13, 2021, 01:24:25 PMThere is an enormous responsibility on the government to send the right message when something affecting everyone's freedom is about to occur... Unfortunately every time they underestimate what the public will do.

Let's not leave out the responsibility of the media, in many cases outright encouraging people to be irresponsible if not actually suggesting it's our patriotic duty to do so.

Cuellar

Don't worry we're all going to get the SA variant that the vaccines do bugger all against soon anyway

steveh

Walked down Oxford Street this afternoon thinking the crowds would already have been and gone but it was like an average Saturday. Noticeable how many chains had cut back to just one shop on the street when they previously had had one in each stretch.

pigamus

Thought about going into town today, for the first time since last year. What are town centres actually like now?

Twit 2

pigamus