Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Joris Bohnson's Great Unlocking

Started by George Oscar Bluth II, February 22, 2021, 08:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pigamus on April 14, 2021, 06:11:52 PM
Thought about going into town today, for the first time since last year. What are town centres actually like now?

Was in Sheffield yesterday evening and the city centre is dead as fuck.

Norton Canes

Town has heaving with people yesterday lunch time. Wednesdays have been my only trip in during this year's lockdown, a lovely solitary sojourn through sparsely-populated streets to get 2000 AD from WHSmith's (thankfully open because it boasts a Post Office). Yesterday was a nightmare though. People, everywhere. Walking, eating, queueing, all with stupid grins on their faces. Can't be doing with this.

Norton Canes

Although to be fair I did get a great book about the IRA from the Oxfam Bookshop.

BlodwynPig

Reports coming in of 100s of people having solitary sojourns into city centres at the same time and in the same place.

Ben writes "Went into Ipswich this morning at 10am, not a soul to be see. #eerieIpswich"

Jocelyn writes "Ipswich like a ghost town this morning around 10am, saw a rook. #SuffolkVoids"

Brian writes "Could here a pin drop in Ipswich at 10am today, felt otherworldly.#28PigStysLater"

Icehaven

I'm passing through Brum centre this late afternoon so it'll be interesting to see how busy it is, although it won't be until about 5pm so there'll be a lot of commuters as well as shoppers/pubbers (not that there's that many pubs in the city centre open as most don't have any outside space.) I reckon it'll just be like normal. Last time I was there was I think about a week before Christmas and it was obviously completely rammed then, so even if it's busy it won't be that bad.

mothman

Down to Woolacombe in Devon today. Car park packed. Lots of people on the beach, but distancing mostly maintained and masks worn in beach shop and (takeaway only) cafes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Maybe we can just replace these updates by developing a cunt HeatMap, where you can see the most dense congregations of shitheels and superspreaders.