Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Movies that aren't that good but everyone saw when they were a bit too young

Started by madhair60, February 22, 2021, 10:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: willbo on March 04, 2021, 10:07:04 PM
If I remember correctly, the 90s low-budget Robocop tv show had some surprisingly good continuity following his wife and son - his young adult son became some kind of anti cyborg cop protester/activist I think

Spoiler just in case anyone gets pissy that I spoilered a film made 3 decades ago!
Spoiler alert
In the first film they tell his wife he's dead, in the 2nd film he meets his wife but his bosses blackmail him into telling her he's just a mindless machine.  I'm kindof hoping in the 3rd film he gets to see his wife and tell her that he does have some humanity left.  They could even make him a robot body that looks less scary for when he's off duty, with him being able to clip on the scary bits when he needs to kick some ass.
[close]
I suspect that none of this happened, but it's what I'd do if I was writing the 3rd film.

Blumf

willbo

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 06, 2021, 12:36:45 AM
Spoiler just in case anyone gets pissy that I spoilered a film made 3 decades ago!
Spoiler alert
In the first film they tell his wife he's dead, in the 2nd film he meets his wife but his bosses blackmail him into telling her he's just a mindless machine.  I'm kindof hoping in the 3rd film he gets to see his wife and tell her that he does have some humanity left.  They could even make him a robot body that looks less scary for when he's off duty, with him being able to clip on the scary bits when he needs to kick some ass.
[close]
I suspect that none of this happened, but it's what I'd do if I was writing the 3rd film.

All I can remember about the third film, is that he can fly in it, and it has a big "written by Frank Miller" credit on screen as he flies at the end. I don't remember his family being in it, but they are in the tv series as said.