Author Topic: Mr Biffo / Digitiser2000 recent work  (Read 1384 times)

Mr Biffo / Digitiser2000 recent work
« on: February 22, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »
Fuck me, two (yes two) minutes into this and I'm really, really laughing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VGVPRZRRc

"Third Bird."

And the "church" remark that I will not spoil.

Deep, system-cleansing laughs.

Re: Mr Biffo / Digitiser2000 recent work
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »
This has never quite clicked for me, despite being a fan of some of Biffo's work. Always found it funnier in writing rather than performed. Laugh free for 4 minutes and I gave up.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »
he's been struggling in the past year (haven't we all). I can't stand the taste-test ones and don't watch them, the reading out wikipedia entries for toys content isn't great, but I'm happy he keeps making videos with Sanya, they often make me laugh. He had Paul Gannon back a couple a few months ago though for a couple of things and that pairing never fails to make me close to tears

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:14:18 PM »
Biffo and Gannon together are great - they essentially both become 13 year olds. No idea why they have so few subscribers compared to from-the-same-Venn-intersection Ashens. Best Digi moment is from The Show:
- The aim is to use a crane to move prawns into Nivvin's Pranny (Ganon's bucket)
- Larry Bundy Jr throws up at the smell of prawns
- Biffo seems convinced that Larry has a nose bleed

https://youtu.be/mUxk4V2Ym8w?list=PLdmivFeOI4qlXtXLVUqFodCxrjPP2J362&t=2200 (at 37mish)

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 07:50:07 PM »
Biffo and Gannon together are great

I'll echo that 100%, and it's always funny when things inevitably descend into shambles. Also, Biffo mixing up Greta Thunberg with Bella Emberg recently had me laughing uncontrollably for the first time in ages.

madhair60

• 一番
  • Golden Member
  • ごめんなさい
    • Comics, videos, podcasts, writing, etc
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 09:20:27 AM »
The first appearance of Beanus makes me laugh even thinking about it.

Agreed that Gannon is fantastic.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 11:50:53 AM »

Agreed that Gannon is fantastic.

Gannon is great in most of the stuff he does/appears on. Cheapshow, his podcast with Eli Silverman is still my favourite podcast.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 11:58:56 AM »
The first Beanus appearance is great because of the contrast of Ashens' straightmanning (although he does do a few jokes and they land well) with Gannon's sheer disgust. I mean the videos are very hit and miss but the ramshackle improv'ing is what leads to brilliant moments like that

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 03:10:20 PM »
This has never quite clicked for me, despite being a fan of some of Biffo's work. Always found it funnier in writing rather than performed. Laugh free for 4 minutes and I gave up.

Same for me.  4 minutes and not a titter.

Digitiser is something very much of its time.  Transferring that humour to a different time/different medium doesn't work for me.

Although saying that, beyond the logo on the wall I saw no connection with that which I know to be Digitiser (the 90's teletext thing) and what I saw in the first few mins of that video.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 03:18:18 PM »
Well he's gone from having a games website (digitiser2000.com) to producing a professionally-shot six-part panel show that was loosely around video games a few years ago, to making regular YouTube content that has less and less to do with video games. there was also a live show in North London in 2019 which was very video-gamey. he's tried rebranding but no one wants him to so it never works out

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 03:30:02 PM »
he's tried rebranding but no one wants him to so it never works out

Aha, that's probably where I've been getting Biffo wrong then.  Whenever anyone posts a clip attached to the Digitiser name I usually come away from it thinking it bears no resemblance at all to the Digitiser I remember, and that probably clouds my judgment.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 03:48:02 PM »
Ah well. Sorry folks! I loved it though.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
His videos are all great watches.  Sometimes a bit too long, so I have to be in the mood to start them, and then I can binge a few in a row.

It’s a real shame he’s not as big as or bigger than Ashens, who is basically rubbish - just him snarkily laughing at cheap toys or (what I find more offensive) being disgusted at cheap food.

Biffo is leagues ahead.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 04:32:24 PM »
if you think this is funny you've probably seen it already but this bit of biffo being an idiot and keying out his body to look like a floating head made me laugh like a drain. at least the first ten minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trh4gr6NrfE

Janet's feet must be in a TERRIBLE state

St_Eddie

• St_Eddie's YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 11:02:37 PM »
if you think this is funny you've probably seen it already but this bit of biffo being an idiot and keying out his body to look like a floating head made me laugh like a drain. at least the first ten minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trh4gr6NrfE

A disembodied head named Tony Harris?  I wonder where they stole that idea from?

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:00:07 AM »

Tags: