Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MENS

Started by Butchers Blind, February 23, 2021, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Went to buy some shampoo yesterday and was about to buy the regular Head & Shoulders when I noticed there was a MENS H&S available. Looked at the bottle and read the blurb and there was no reason why I should buy the MENS as there was no difference between regular H&S and MENS. They smelt pretty much the same. Bought regular H&S. I am a MENS.

bgmnts

I've heard that if you use regular shampoo, your cock falls off. That's why I use MENS.

Icehaven

Making stuff unnecessarily gendered is fairly standard grooming industry practice, like those disposable razors they make pink and say they're women's when they're exactly the same as the other ones. The point is usually to charge more though, was the MENS more expensive?

I use Head & Shoulders for Men as I am a man with both a head and some shoulders.

It does smell slightly nicer than the normal H&S which is why I get it, but I wouldn't be particularly bothered if they stopped making it and I had to go back to the normal one.

Thomas

Bernice

Surely H&S is already a brand for MENS?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Thomas on February 23, 2021, 11:32:20 AM
humblebrag

Its my first step in the road map out of lockdown.

hamfist

I was buying some hair dye FOR MY WIFE a few weeks back, browsing the shelves for the right colour and a woman walking past commented to her friend "oh look ! a MAN buying HAIR DYE !" as if that was really weird.

I know nobody on here even needs hair dye, but you don't see much of that for MEN do you ? Or do you ?

Butchers Blind

Quote from: hamfist on February 23, 2021, 12:00:19 PM
I was buying some hair dye FOR MY WIFE a few weeks back, browsing the shelves for the right colour and a woman walking past commented to her friend "oh look ! a MAN buying HAIR DYE !" as if that was really weird.

I know nobody on here even needs hair dye, but you don't see much of that for MEN do you ? Or do you ?

JUST FOR MEN. Its a brand.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Women should definitely be forced onto MENS bicycles

Cheers

hamfist

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 23, 2021, 12:05:46 PM
JUST FOR MEN. Its a brand.

OMG. Maybe it's because I was buying NOT FOR MEN ! I wish we had a more Soviet approach to branding.

Kelvin

This explains all the Johnny Rapid shower scenes.

thugler

I share deodorant with my girlfriend, the smell is pretty neutral and it's cheaper than MENS deodorant that universally smells awful. There are instances of the opposite as well. They treat people like idiots pretty blatantly but people largely don't notice.

GoblinAhFuckScary

The Mollusk

Why is it called Head & Shoulders anyway? Last time I checked my scalp does not extent to below the neck area. I do not have head hair growing out of my shoulders.

It could potentially be referring to "taking care" of your shoulders because the shampoo prevents dandruff but personally I've never had to worry about such things, as I have a team of ants who live in my pockets who march out in little units to swiftly collect any flakes which have fallen. There's a separate squad who also takes care of food debris like Greggs sausage roll crumbs that gather in my pubes but that's for another thread, another time.

Butchers Blind

Does MENS hair need to be washed differently than WOMENS?  I know WOMENS pay a fuck lot more to get their hair done in a salon than MENS.

shiftwork2

Q: How did they know Lord Mountbatten had dandruff?
A: They found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

One of the first jokes I can remember my mum telling me, that.

This is related to the thread because: Louis Mountbatten was a man, and he left his head and shoulders on the beach after being blown up by the Provisional IRA.

alright cheers

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 23, 2021, 02:25:45 PM
Q: How did they know Lord Mountbatten had dandruff?
A: They found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

One of the first jokes I can remember my mum telling me, that.

This is related to the thread because: Louis Mountbatten was a man, and he left his head and shoulders on the beach after being blown up by the Provisional IRA.

alright cheers

I heard this joke but it was Princess Diana and she left it on the dashboard.

You don't have this gender problem if you get the lidl 'Cien' knock-off h&s

imitationleather

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 23, 2021, 01:25:43 PM
Why is it called Head & Shoulders anyway? Last time I checked my scalp does not extent to below the neck area. I do not have head hair growing out of my shoulders.

It's because it stops dandruff from falling on your shoulders. H&S is a specific anti-dandruff shampoo.

A person I fancied once told me they liked the smell of my hair after I'd used H&S and ever since then that's been my brand. It doesn't take much to get me loyal.

Paul Calf

Quote from: icehaven on February 23, 2021, 11:20:59 AM
Making stuff unnecessarily gendered is fairly standard grooming industry practice, like those disposable razors they make pink and say they're women's when they're exactly the same as the other ones. The point is usually to charge more though, was the MENS more expensive?

Drug marketing is notorious for this sort of thing

https://www.healthista.com/the-shocking-truth-about-painkillers-why-youre-paying-too-much-for-them-and-how-their-labels-mislead-the-public/

The Mollusk

Quote from: imitationleather on February 23, 2021, 03:03:51 PM
A person I fancied once told me they liked the smell of my hair after I'd used H&S and ever since then that's been my brand. It doesn't take much do get me loyal.

I had a similar experience! I went to my doctor when I was in my late teens (and my hormones were fuckin RAGING) and told her that H&S wasn't helping curb my dandruff. She told me that I had a sensitive scalp and I should consider something with stronger dermatological remedy properties, such as Neutrogena T-Gel. I thought fucking hell, I'm in here! Some people have to wait a lifetime for a sign like this, yet here I was being walked right through the door. I bought the stuff but sadly it worked splendidly and I no longer had a reason to go back. The whole thing left me really jaded and confused but 15 years later and my scalp feels bloody marvellous every day.

Marner and Me

Shampoo is bad for your hair. I just use conditioner

Blue Jam

Is the women's version cheaper? Just buy that and then apply this handy conversion kit:

https://www.spellingmistakescostlives.com/product-page/male-men-s-product-conversion-kits

flotemysost

I bought some Bulldog razors a while ago (I get through razors pretty rapidly, and feel quite bad when I think about the amount of plastic I must've binned over the years) and they're just so obviously clunkingly marketed to be 'blokey', and are inevitably positioned with all the "male grooming" stuff in shops. I don't feel weird browsing that aisle personally, but some women might be put off by it and go back to the disposable plastic pink "for her" version instead.

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 23, 2021, 04:47:51 PM
Shampoo is bad for your hair. I just use conditioner

If you have curly, Afro or textured hair then there's a routine that advocates ditching shampoo (too many sulphates, dries it out) and just using conditioner - it's known as the Curly Girl method but obviously can by used by men/anyone. Well, anyone with hair.

willbo

I think it's just that our stuff has to have masculine "musk" scents, made from stuff like Moose sweat.

Marner and Me

Quote from: flotemysost on February 23, 2021, 06:29:58 PM
I bought some Bulldog razors a while ago (I get through razors pretty rapidly, and feel quite bad when I think about the amount of plastic I must've binned over the years) and they're just so obviously clunkingly marketed to be 'blokey', and are inevitably positioned with all the "male grooming" stuff in shops. I don't feel weird browsing that aisle personally, but some women might be put off by it and go back to the disposable plastic pink "for her" version instead.

If you have curly, Afro or textured hair then there's a routine that advocates ditching shampoo (too many sulphates, dries it out) and just using conditioner - it's known as the Curly Girl method but obviously can by used by men/anyone. Well, anyone with hair.
Na I went through a phase of buying womens deodorant and moisturiser as I found at the time it smelt alot nicer

touchingcloth

So they still advertise Coke Zero as Diet Coke MENS?