Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

MENS

Started by Butchers Blind, February 23, 2021, 10:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

A few years ago I went from rarely having a flake to suddenly being back from my recent operation and on harp*

Only H&S "Itchy Scalp" version seems to work getting at rid of it, no other dandruff shampoos do the job. Thing is it works perfectly and my hair is lush and flake free and I'm beautiful and confident as a result.

Wish Vosene worked, loved the smell of it although they've probably changed it now like everything else. I hate them.

*Dan Druff, get cultured!

flotemysost

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 23, 2021, 09:16:30 PM
Na I went through a phase of buying womens deodorant and moisturiser as I found at the time it smelt alot nicer

See I actually prefer the scent of lots of "for men" cosmetics - not so much the ones with that rank stale "inside of a car" smell but the musky woody type ones, better than the synthetic talc nappy bag vapours you get with lots of women's deodorants.

Marner and Me

The woody stuff is decent, however I did like the flowery stuff women use, have to use womens conditioner as men aren't meant to use it. My other favourite is bald men telling you what you should and shouldn't use in your hair, I'm thinking why should I take your advice, you fucking lost yours

mippy

Quote from: hamfist on February 23, 2021, 12:00:19 PM
I was buying some hair dye FOR MY WIFE a few weeks back, browsing the shelves for the right colour and a woman walking past commented to her friend "oh look ! a MAN buying HAIR DYE !" as if that was really weird.

I know nobody on here even needs hair dye, but you don't see much of that for MEN do you ? Or do you ?

I was in Boots the other day and they has a MENS hair section with Schwartzkopf Live dyes, except instead of the smiling ladies with red and purple hair they had moodsome looking men.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: mippy on February 23, 2021, 09:59:23 PM
I was in Boots the other day and they has a MENS hair section with Schwartzkopf Live dyes, except instead of the smiling ladies with red and purple hair they had moodsome looking men.

Men usually dye their hair cos they're going grey.  Women dye their hair cos they like the bright colours.

mippy

Ah, no, they were the same colours as the women's range...  https://www.livecolour.com/our-products/live-men

Marner and Me

Quote from: jobotic on February 23, 2021, 09:29:15 PM
A few years ago I went from rarely having a flake to suddenly being back from my recent operation and on harp*

Only H&S "Itchy Scalp" version seems to work getting at rid of it, no other dandruff shampoos do the job. Thing is it works perfectly and my hair is lush and flake free and I'm beautiful and confident as a result.

Wish Vosene worked, loved the smell of it although they've probably changed it now like everything else. I hate them.

That stuff was a fucker when it got in your eye, so painful

*Dan Druff, get cultured!

Ray Travez

Quote from: flotemysost on February 23, 2021, 06:29:58 PM
I bought some Bulldog razors a while ago (I get through razors pretty rapidly, and feel quite bad when I think about the amount of plastic I must've binned over the years) and they're just so obviously clunkingly marketed to be 'blokey', and are inevitably positioned with all the "male grooming" stuff in shops. I don't feel weird browsing that aisle personally, but some women might be put off by it and go back to the disposable plastic pink "for her" version instead.

Are those the bamboo ones? I like the look of them, but I already have a perfectly serviceable razor (and a cut-throat too now I think of it [nb]now there's a MENS razor[/nb]) I like browsing that aisle, all the expensive shaving brushes and oils and whatnot, but I rarely buy anything. Similar to enjoying perusing the stationary section though I already own far too many pens.

Quote from: Bernice on February 23, 2021, 11:39:08 AM
Surely H&S is already a brand for MENS?

Claudia Winkleman uses Head and Shoulders. She really does. It's on the telly.

Icehaven

I hope they still make that shampoo I like.

flotemysost

Quote from: Ray Travez on February 23, 2021, 11:00:58 PM
Are those the bamboo ones? I like the look of them, but I already have a perfectly serviceable razor (and a cut-throat too now I think of it [nb]now there's a MENS razor[/nb]) I like browsing that aisle, all the expensive shaving brushes and oils and whatnot, but I rarely buy anything. Similar to enjoying perusing the stationary section though I already own far too many pens.

Yep, those are the ones (and with the ad campaign featuring a bulldog saying "global warming tho, bruv" or something). I'm sure there are other eco-friendly razors out there that aren't specifically aimed at men, but "green" brands do often tend to be on the pricier side which probably puts lots of people off unfortunately.

Cerys

Quote from: imitationleather on February 23, 2021, 03:03:51 PM
It's because it stops dandruff from falling on your shoulders. H&S is a specific anti-dandruffgravity shampoo.

Fixed that for SCIENCE.

willbo

I think, Dr Professor Jordan Petersen's day job, is sniffing the vats of H&S Men's, to confirm it is masculine enough. They just tip moose sweat and bulls piss into the vat, while he hovers his nose over it with nostrils flared. When it smells manly enough, he gives a thumbs up, and they start putting it in masculine bottles.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 23, 2021, 02:25:45 PM
Q: How did they know Lord Mountbatten had dandruff?
A: They found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

One of the first jokes I can remember my mum telling me, that.

This is related to the thread because: Louis Mountbatten was a man, and he left his head and shoulders on the beach after being blown up by the Provisional IRA.

alright cheers

I told that joke to my cousin while horribly pissed, forgetting momentarily that I was in the Comrades Club in Romsey, Hampshire, where Mountbatten had his ancestral home. We left soon afterwards.

jobotic

Quote from: willbo on February 24, 2021, 04:12:28 AM
I think, Dr Professor Jordan Petersen's day job, is sniffing the vats of H&S Men's, to confirm it is masculine enough. They just tip moose sweat and bulls piss into the vat, while he hovers his nose over it with nostrils flared. When it smells manly enough, he gives a thumbs up, and they start putting it in masculine bottles.

Once they put a few drops of cider in it and he had to go in a coma in Russia for a month. They didn't go with that formula!

The Ombudsman

I get this product (the one with caffeine) and have found I get far less hair in the shower afterwards. Noticeably so in fact.

Blumf

Currently using this:

Which is bugging me. Shouldn't it read "Part of me is a recycled milk bottle", not "was"?

idunnosomename

fellas is it gay to have hair

Butchers Blind

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 24, 2021, 12:38:16 PM

If it has sex with other MENS hair, then yes.

steve98

Quote from: shiftwork2 on February 23, 2021, 02:25:45 PM
Q: How did they know Lord Mountbatten had dandruff?
A: They found his Head and Shoulders on the beach.

Q: How did they know he had split-ends?

steve98

D'you need a clue? ... Okay:

Marner and Me

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 24, 2021, 12:38:16 PM
I must be gayer than AIDs then

gilbertharding

Quote from: icehaven on February 23, 2021, 11:20:59 AM
Making stuff unnecessarily gendered is fairly standard grooming industry practice, like those disposable razors they make pink and say they're women's when they're exactly the same as the other ones. The point is usually to charge more though, was the MENS more expensive?

My wife's razor blades (Gillette Venus) and mine (Gillette Mach 3) are pretty much the same price - but mine are matt black, and hers are encased in a block of some soluble substance I presume is for lubrication.

Blue Jam

I assumed all you CaBbers used this:

https://youtu.be/oPr24w5eSpw

Jasha

Quote from: Marner and Me on February 23, 2021, 04:47:51 PM
Shampoo is bad for your hair. I just use conditioner

take 2 bottles into the shower, not me

One for the getting old thread

willbo

I splashed out for some apple flavour head&shoulders last week (I usually just grab whichever shampoo is cheapest) and I have to say, my scalp feels great.

Ray Travez

mainly posting so I can see what my avatar looks like underneath yours.

When I say 'mainly', I mean 'entirely'

Edit-   

Dex Sawash

My avatar is also incredibly shit Bowie fan art but nobody ever notices

Ray Travez

from his late-70's 'farting holly' period? It certainly livened up the video for 'The Little Drummer Boy'

willbo

I always wonder who notices that mine is Ricky Gervais