Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drag Race UK/Drag Race US season 13 [split topic]

Started by Carpool Dragon, February 05, 2021, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Yeah, I saw that a while ago. I don't know if this line

Join us as we joke and insult Sister (and each other) until we all turn blue in the mouth!

Is just referring to her signature makeup, or if it's referring to both her signature makeup AND cystic fibrosis. If you see what I mean.

Anyway, quite surprised they didn't crown Bimini. But I reckon they didn't think Bimini would go over as well in the States as Lawrence Chaney - see Rupaul's reaction to LC for instance.

Blue Jam

I'm wondering if The Vivienne and Lawrence Chaney had an unfair advantage, what with Scouse and Scottish being accents Americans recognise (Scouse thanks to The Beatles).

Tayce probably never had a chance.

Cuellar

When Rupaul said something about 'Wales being proud' of Tayce, it struck me how odd it was to hear an American say 'Wales'. It sounded very unnatural. I'm pretty confident no American has ever said it before, and probably never will again.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Cuellar on March 19, 2021, 09:28:38 PM
When Rupaul said something about 'Wales being proud' of Tayce, it struck me how odd it was to hear an American say 'Wales'. It sounded very unnatural. I'm pretty confident no American has ever said it before, and probably never will again.

I remember thinking it sounded very strange in Mr. Show:

https://youtu.be/YraqJ7KDm7c

(1.49)

...and that is literally the only other example of an American saying "Wales" that I can think of. Not even Banter Harry has changed that.

bgmnts

My American friends say it every once in a while and I'm used to it. Americans just say anything weird though.

Blue Jam

Are you sure they're not just talking about whales?

https://youtu.be/qG8_UWX6KzE

Actually does a Canadian saying "North Walian" count?

https://youtu.be/WNYJW9GiX7I

Not sure how I forgot this when it may be the single greatest thing I have ever seen.

PowerButchi

If that's Ifor Williams being mispronounced i'll go spare

Jockice

Not even the rest of the Velvet Underground to John Cale?

Cuellar

Blue Jam

The Mollusk

Legitimately fucking baffled as to why Kandy fucking Muse has still not been booted off this fucking season. I'm really quite bored of the whole thing now. Symone is legendary and I'm rooting for her to win, she's basically the only above-average entertainment factor in the whole lineup (not to say she's not actually excellent, because she is, I love her).

MrMrs

kandy is a complete joke. her character or charisma (if it's there) does not come across on TV.

mik to win

Cuellar

That whole episode was horseshit. Utica's advert was fine, occasionally quite funny. Gottmik's was rubbish and her outfit wasn't great. Kandy's advert wasn't great and her outfit was really bad. Symone's advert was good but a fucking fursuit? Come on. I find Tina Burner quite annoying but her advert was the definition of 'safe' and her outfit was fine.

Should have been Kandy and Gottmik in the bottom, but they're so blatantly protecting both of them it's driving me up the wall. Sick of it.

Clownbaby

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Cuellar on March 22, 2021, 11:09:55 AM
That whole episode was horseshit. Utica's advert was fine, occasionally quite funny. Gottmik's was rubbish and her outfit wasn't great. Kandy's advert wasn't great and her outfit was really bad. Symone's advert was good but a fucking fursuit? Come on. I find Tina Burner quite annoying but her advert was the definition of 'safe' and her outfit was fine.

Should have been Kandy and Gottmik in the bottom, but they're so blatantly protecting both of them it's driving me up the wall. Sick of it.

Whatever charm they see in Kandy Muse, it's absolutely lost on me. Messy looks, poor performances, should have gone home ages ago.

bgmnts

Quote from: Clownbaby on March 23, 2021, 12:20:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Bimini won

Anti-vegan agenda on the BBC!

Still freaked out by RuPauls top lip.

Cuellar

Quote from: Two Headed Sex Beast on March 23, 2021, 10:36:57 AM
Whatever charm they see in Kandy Muse, it's absolutely lost on me. Messy looks, poor performances, should have gone home ages ago.

I've actually liked some of her looks and she can be quite funny, but should have gone home when she was originally eliminated, and definitely should have been in the bottom this time.

BritishHobo

Cannot be arsed with the US season. The ridiculous 'four episodes before the first elimination' pacing, plus ANOTHER non-elimination in episode 8, meaning the UK series has already come and gone in the time it's taken them to get down to six contestants. Who can be fucking bothered?

olliebean

Yes, when the UK season finished and just 2 days later there was another episode of the US one with 7 or 8 (I've lost track) contestants still left, it really drove it home how dragged out (no pun intended) it feels in comparison.

The Mollusk

Utica should have been decimated for that shite she came out with this week. She got off lightly.

olliebean

I don't know if this week's was more entertaining than usual, or if it was just because there wasn't a UK one two days earlier for comparison, but it felt like less of a chore to watch this week. Probably also because there's now a more manageable number of queens to keep track of.

The Mollusk

Yeah, it's whittling down to the best personalities, I guess? Symone and Gottmik are really entertaining a lot of the time and I've gradually realised that Rosé is deffo top 3 material too, she's a diverse talent who snaps very well into the weekly challenges. Plus she's naturally really funny. It was super hard for me to watch Symone tank this week, but fortunately she's a lip sync demon bursting with charisma and I hope she pulls through with added strength next week.

Utica is just not meant for the competition. She suffers the curse of the oddball queen whereby she thinks that her very nature of breaking the mould and being a talented outsider is enough to carry her, but she's too narcissistic to realise she's not taking any criticism on board and she's not adapting her style to fit the demands of the competition at all. Yvie Oddly and Sharon Needles excelled at this because they had a deeper sense of humility, whereas Utica does not, and it reflected massively this week in her refusal to take note of the critique that her jokes weren't funny and were just nasty. She deserved to be ripped to shreds in all honesty, but that double middle finger from Ru was fantastic all the same, even if once again Utica plainly failed to comprehend the gravity of such a gesture and just laughed it off. Idiot.

MrMrs

she's so annoying and her sign off line didn't make sense. idiot

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Cuellar on March 23, 2021, 12:33:54 PM
I've actually liked some of her looks and she can be quite funny, but should have gone home when she was originally eliminated, and definitely should have been in the bottom this time.

She was good in the roast episode, I'll take it back. Also the other queens seem to genuinely love her so I assume there's something that just doesn't translate to me in most episodes

The Mollusk

Absolutely dire episode last night, one of the worst ever. I can barely even remember what happened I was so disinterested.

The Mollusk

When the fuck is this season gonna end??? TWO MORE WEEKS TILL THE FINALE AND KANDY IS SOMEHOW INEXPLICABLY STILL HERE

WHY

Cuellar

Yeah it was so blatantly going to be a top 4 they might as well have not bothered with this episode.

Clownbaby

Ploughing on with US now and good god, I can't stand Utica. I haven't seen her do a single thing that is funny and so help me, the GURNING. There's a little slimyness I'm picking up on as well.  There's something about her that I just really don't like aside from the awful sense of humour, and I can't put my finger on it

olliebean

IIRC, in the Roast episode it turns out she can't tell the difference between being funny and just being mean.