Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Drag Race UK/Drag Race US season 13 [split topic]

Started by Carpool Dragon, February 05, 2021, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

I really wish Tayce hadn't had a couple of weeks of being absolute shit because I want her to win. But she won't :(

thugler

Saw the 'shantay you both stay' coming a mile off. Looks like Bimini is way ahead on about 60% of public vote so will almost certainly win. I thought that episode was a bit shit, all the performances were very shouty and the material was pretty laugh free as well. Lawrence got through despite half the episode being spent on detailing him fluffing his lines. Can see why Tayce was pissed off for being reprimanded for doing something very slightly different to everyone else.

Cuellar

Judging was all over the place again. I thought Tayce was the best in the challenge. Lawrence and Ellie were too one note, Bimini didn't seem very natural with some of her lines.

For them to say 'I expected you to be shit and you weren't total shit, so well done I suppose' - I'd be fucking raging. Sort of wish she'd done a Ginny Lemon, she looked fed up with it all after coming off stage.

olliebean

Hated the Beastenders, very shouty as thugler said. One of them said something like "I remember watching that episode," which explained why I didn't get much out of it - I'd assumed it would be a generalised Eastenders piss-take, rather than sending up specific episodes which I haven't seen.

Cuellar

Yes, actually.

'Shant-Beer You Stay' indeed. You have to work to get a pun that shit.

Blue Jam

Even "Shant-Ale You Stay" would have been better, and that would still have been shit. And a "Karen" joke? The Karen thing was getting old a year ago.

Watching the runway now. Oh fuck off Lawrence, you drama llama. And "CHANEY" on the sewing machine? Surely it should have been the Singer typeface spelling out "MINGER"? Come on queens, this stuff writes itself.

What the hell was going on with "Mickey"? I reckon Danny Dyer would defo have been up for being a judge if they'd ask him. The man said he'd play James Bond for £50. Also he is actually quite right-on.

finnquark

Lawrence is such a dullard. Shut up about the fucking running order.

Blue Jam

Also thought Tayce was the best in the maxi-challenge. Just really going for it like Miss Vaaaanjie.

Did like Bimini's floor scrubbing acting and her Marigolds though.

The Mollusk

As an end result, Lawrence was hilarious on the challenge and a country mile ahead of the others. But she was awful at remembering her lines and I'm glad that's taken into account in the judging.

The "shantay you both stay" was a fucking joke, just adds insult to the injury of the previous week. Imagine if Ellie went home last week and this week we got a "both stay" for A'Whora and Tayce? That's a top 4 worth keeping the extra contestant in for. Ellie is seriously not finale material whatsoever. Fucking baffled as to why she's still in.

thugler

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 12, 2021, 06:09:50 PM
Even "Shant-Ale You Stay" would have been better, and that would still have been shit. And a "Karen" joke? The Karen thing was getting old a year ago.

Oh, forgot about this, what were they on about? How can she do a Karen joke when they are doing it from a script?

I thought the previous week was more of a candidate for a 'shantay you both stay'. But felt like they'd do it this time as by the judges remarks there wasn't a huge amount in it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: thugler on March 12, 2021, 08:29:39 PMHow can she do a Karen joke when they are doing it from a script?

The character was called "Karen" and she was a complainer.

The Mollusk

I actually enjoyed it more than most others of this season. The queens getting an understanding of one another and what inspires their drag was lovely and super interesting. Also think Symone is total legend material, in many ways she's head and shoulders above her peers. I really hope she wins.

Jockice

Quote from: finnquark on March 12, 2021, 06:16:10 PM
Lawrence is such a dullard. Shut up about the fucking running order.

Hey, don't knock my homeboy. He could be the biggest celebrity born in Helensburgh since me...er...Wet Wet Wet's keyboardist...er...the bloke who invented television.

Wonder if he's ever had his hair done at my cousin's place on the High Street. It's called Haircraft if you ever happen to be in the area.

SpiderChrist

Blue Jam

Quote from: Jockice on March 15, 2021, 09:15:51 AM
Wonder if he's ever had his hair done at my cousin's place on the High Street. It's called Haircraft if you ever happen to be in the area.

I'd be impressed with your cousin's skills if he had, Lawrence has got a magnificently dense thatch, must be a nightmare to work with.

The judges were bending over backwards to try and justify including Ellie in the top four weren't they.

Think I've gone bi for Tayce.

Aye, Bimini was robbed. I'm happy for Lawrence but Bimini was the full package as the judges said. Deserved the crown for THE PWICEY alone. Ah well, commiserations to the fabulous drag amoeba.

The Mollusk

Agree with youse. They would've been such a queer icon with that win status as well. What a shame. I'm super disappointed.

Also I know the final lip sync doesn't determine the winner and it's based on overall competition input, but Lawrence really was a blatant third place in that final performance.

thugler

Bimini robbed.. Lawrence not even 2nd best on the last ep's challenges.

The Mollusk

Was that blue mouth thing Sister Sister was styling tonight the cystic fibrosis thing mentioned upthread? She's so fucking try hard edgy, really can't stand her.

Jockice

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 18, 2021, 09:37:28 PM
I'd be impressed with your cousin's skills if he had, Lawrence has got a magnificently dense thatch, must be a nightmare to work with.

Actually, the place is owned by a female cousin of mine and one of her team is also my cousin. And her cousin too. The only male member of staff and the only one who's gone bald. It's shut at the moment though, but I'll try and find out if Lawrence has ever popped in.

Meanwhile, hurrah for Helensburgh. Too posh for me to ever live in but at least I made my debut appearance into the world there.

thugler

Anyone else find the final catwalk costumes surprisingly lacklustre? Lawrence's in particular was very dull, but they were all far from their most impressive outfits and lacking in imagination.

Couldn't help but think veronica green would have been in the top 4 instead but for the covid.

Blinder Data

The way the judges kept talking about Bimini made you think she was a cert. Big surprise for me.

The last lip sync tends to be a damp squib - I didn't watch it closely - but my wife said Bimini wasn't that good. Bimini definitely had the best look though, the others did not qualify for Eleganza Extravaganza.

I wonder if Ru took into account the winner's prize - a Lawrence Chaney TV show does sound more plausible than a Bimini one. Plus, throughout it you could tell Ru simply loved Lawrence, which must have helped sway things. It's probably the same reason Ellie Diamond got to the final four - the judges warmed to her over more deserving top 4 material e.g. A'Whora.

Oh well, good series, happy for Lawrence.

Wet Blanket

Maybe based on performance throughout the series Lawrence deserved the big prize but her winning streak made her act increasingly entitled and she became harder to like. I lost all goodwill towards her after she threw her toys out the pram over the stand up round.

Loved that Tia Kofi came dressed as Ru Paul.

Cuellar

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 18, 2021, 11:25:34 PM
Was that blue mouth thing Sister Sister was styling tonight the cystic fibrosis thing mentioned upthread? She's so fucking try hard edgy, really can't stand her.

I've always thought that sounded tenuous. Are blue lips really a sympton of cystic fibrosis? I've done extensive research on the cystic fibrosis wikipedia page and it isn't mentioned. I've seen the website that refers to her as Sister Fibrosis so I've no doubt she was being 'edgy' with that, but the blue mouth thing doesn't seem like a calculated pisstake of cystic fibrosis sufferers.