Author Topic: Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season  (Read 15101 times)

Petey Pate

• Silver Member
  • THE REAL mister movies
    • SKLD
Re: Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2021, 04:42:18 PM »
Some kind words from Bryan Cranston:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3-S72pFCy/

'He is in the hospital in Albuquerque' doesn't match the report of Bob being flown to a LA hospital.  Wonder which is correct?

non capisco

• Automatic writing by phantom limb
    • https://twitter.com/IsThisRoss
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
I think initial TMZ reports were erroneously saying he was filming in LA rather than New Mexico.

Fucking hell, I really hope he's OK.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2021, 05:04:57 PM »
Jesus, Aaron Paul just posted "I love you friend" and a black heart

Please let him be alright

Twit 2

• Unutterable anguish
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2021, 05:10:17 PM »
He better not have fucked his health up training for that stupid action movie. It was already a waste of everyone’s time anyway, but if it’s cost him his health too them even more reason to hate it.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2021, 05:17:36 PM »
Brian Cranston's post is a bit more positive, but still no real info
https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3-S72pFCy/

Bernice

• a turkey is a bad person (he/him)
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2021, 05:23:41 PM »
I know it's redundant to say here of all places, but I fucking love Bob Odenkirk. Hoping for good news soon.

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2021, 05:24:43 PM »
I certainly will think of him. Hope he recovers soon. Love him too.

« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2021, 06:17:07 PM »
24 hours with no update would suggest it's something serious...hope I'm wrong.

imitationleather

• "The French... are famous... for their kissing"
    • http://last.fm/user/ImiLeathr
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »
Really concerned to hear about all this.

JamesTC

• Helms calls for donut tax
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:13 PM »
Seems more positive from Michael Mando but maybe I'm just reading too much into it (because I want good news):
Last night our dear Bob was rushed to the hospital after he collapsed on stage. Send all your positive energy and love to him and his family - let’s hope to have him back as soon as possible 🖤 I love u so much, my friend xo

Utterdrivel

• Onions
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2021, 07:03:23 PM »
He better not have fucked his health up training for that stupid action movie. It was already a waste of everyone’s time anyway, but if it’s cost him his health too them even more reason to hate it.

It's a great film you lunatic!

« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2021, 07:32:35 PM »
Really concerned to hear about all this.

it's horrible. i really hope he pulls through

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2021, 07:40:11 PM »
Another black heart…

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2021, 07:48:24 PM »
Oh man, the lack of news is very worrying. Can't stop thinking about him. Please be alright

buttgammon

• Silver Member
  • No chicken or poultry in the flat
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2021, 07:59:10 PM »
I've never refreshed twitter like this for another celebrity. It's really worrying, but the reaction is a measure of how much joy he has brought to so many of us. Better Call Saul is my favourite TV programme ever, and it's so brilliant precisely because Bob Odenkirk is so brilliant.

BritishHobo

• That is a really reductive impression
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2021, 08:00:01 PM »
Yikes, that influx of well-wishes definitely doesn't seem good. Very scary, hope he's doing okay whatever it is. As you've all said, it is nice to see how much love there is for him.

Shameless Custard

• PAUSE FOR THE JET
    • LastFM
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »
Yeah, I don't usually bother with Twitter these days, but have been refreshing it wildly for any news. People really love him

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2021, 08:13:57 PM »
I was scrolling down the Guardian homepage and literally flinched when I saw his picture come up. But it’s just the existing news of his collapse article.

Nowhere Man

• Life is just a bowl of life cereal
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2021, 08:30:14 PM »
I really hope it's not a heart attack or a quite severe stroke, but i've got to say the more time goes on without an announcement, the more unfortunate it's looking. Plus I imagine people in his close circle of friends i.e Bryan Cranston ect. wouldn't ask for thoughts and prayers unless the outlook wasn't particularly clear one way or the other. I would really fucking love to be proven wrong. Bob Odenkirk's been a hero of mine since I first watched Mr. Show.[1]
 1. Fuck I have a lump in my throat now

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2021, 08:33:30 PM »
Really worried for Bob - could be curtains for the show if it’s something serious, even if he pulls through, but fuckit, just get better my man

JamesTC

• Helms calls for donut tax
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2021, 08:40:02 PM »
According to this reporter, everybody is still waiting on an update from the hospital. So it seems the cast talking about it on Twitter do not have any insider knowledge, so best not to read anything bad from any of them.

No updates on Bob Odenkirk from  his personal PR, AMC or Better Call Saul producers Sony TV. From what I’m being told, everyone is waiting for more information just as we are.

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2021, 08:41:57 PM »
It's horrible this isn't it?

Really worried and I don't even know the man let alone am someone who is close to him and loves him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 09:28:19 PM by jobotic »

Nowhere Man

• Life is just a bowl of life cereal
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2021, 08:45:38 PM »
I have so much love for Bob and he's given so much enjoyment to me over the years, I don't really care about the show right now. I just want him to pull through and recover as best as he can, even if that means the show doesn't get properly finished.

I'm gonna have to stop looking at stuff about it on Twitter though, I'm probably just getting myself worked up thinking about it

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2021, 09:38:15 PM »
I've never refreshed twitter like this for another celebrity. It's really worrying, but the reaction is a measure of how much joy he has brought to so many of us. Better Call Saul is my favourite TV programme ever, and it's so brilliant precisely because Bob Odenkirk is so brilliant.

Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it. Undone really moved me as well (and if you haven't seen it- jeez, don't try watching it right now). Love Mr. Show too, only a couple of weeks ago The Hated Milk Machine had me helpless with laughter. I also just love his comedy geekery and it's so nice the way he likes to take on comedy protégés- didn't our own Noodle Lizard say he went "above and beyond" when he asked him for some writing advice?

This is just horrible horrible news. I really hope there's some better news soon.

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2021, 09:57:00 PM »
Oh bollocks, this is NOT the sort of news I expect when I check in on this thread. Please get well very, very soon :-(

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2021, 09:59:04 PM »
I'm starting to check Twitter an unhealthy amount.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

• a hopeless vanity... a stupefyingly futile conceit
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2021, 10:17:53 PM »
Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it.

I don't usually feel this way about celebrities either, but I can't stop thinking about him. So worried and upset.

buttgammon

• Silver Member
  • No chicken or poultry in the flat
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2021, 10:34:47 PM »
Yes, I don't usually feel this way about celebrities but BCS is also my favourite show ever and his performance is so utterly mesmerising in it. Undone really moved me as well (and if you haven't seen it- jeez, don't try watching it right now). Love Mr. Show too, only a couple of weeks ago The Hated Milk Machine had me helpless with laughter. I also just love his comedy geekery and it's so nice the way he likes to take on comedy protégés- didn't our own Noodle Lizard say he went "above and beyond" when he asked him for some writing advice?

This is just horrible horrible news. I really hope there's some better news soon.

Funnily enough, that's one of the first things I thought of when I heard the news this morning (the other was Jimmy and Chuck singing The Winner Takes It All). Mr Show is one of my favourite sketch shows ever and like Better Call Saul, so much of it is about what he brings to it. I watched an episode the other day where he plays an iguana that's owned by an irresponsible slacker and even though he's just skittering around in a weird green costume for a few minutes, he's so funny.

Thinking about it, his work has become an important part of my relationship. When my partner and I started going out, we would either introduce us to stuff the other hadn't seen or rewatch stuff we both already liked. Better Call Saul was the first programme we delved into together that we really got into at the same time, and Mr Show is always our go-to if there's nothing on (it's also great to watch if weed is involved). It was also waiting for the next episode of BCS to come out that got us through the first weeks of lockdown, because covid hit just as that series was starting to reach a crescendo.

Blue Jam

• (I may have you on ignore)
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2021, 10:49:51 PM »
This is a nice article:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/07/get-well-bob-odenkirk

Right, time to stop looking at Twitter and get some sleep. I hope there's some more positive news in the morning.

« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2021, 11:04:03 PM »
urgh nothing more to say other than i really really don't want him to die

Tags: